corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Gauging interest in group buy on epic Crazy Pile microfibre cloths?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gauging interest in group buy on epic Crazy Pile microfibre cloths?
evilrob
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Jul 12 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone interested in a group buy on these bad boys?

By far the best microfibre I've ever used - great for doing your final buff after a good clean and detail. Come in a handy resealable pouch to keep them clean and dust-free:

I ruddy love these things, and was thinking of approaching a few suppliers and seeing what kind of discount can be had for a bulk purchase. I just need to get an idea of numbers and take it from there.

Off-the-shelf, the cheapest I've found is from Polished Bliss who do a 6-pack resulting in a cost of £8.55 per cloth; about a quid off per cloth.
Tom G

30th Jul 12 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask Blukoo, his brother co owns PB doesn't he?

No doubt he will mouse out of it
John

30th Jul 12 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much better are these than 24 for £12 from costco ones?
Ben G

30th Jul 12 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've used some just like these from cleanyourcar.co.uk and they were harder to use than the yellow ones i got from costco.

when buffing off, a lot of the polish/wax gets caught in the pile and it just ends up getting dragged all over the car, rather than buffing it off.
_Allan_

30th Jul 12 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£8.55 a cloth
evilrob
Premium Member

30th Jul 12 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
How much better are these than 24 for £12 from costco ones?

Probably not eight quid better, tbh.

They are lovely though - I think any detailing enthusiast should have at least one. They are too expensive for what they are at normal prices, hence why I'm trying to muster up a group buy so people can buy one or more at a more sensible price.
evilrob
Premium Member

30th Jul 12 at 10:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i've used some just like these from cleanyourcar.co.uk and they were harder to use than the yellow ones i got from costco.

when buffing off, a lot of the polish/wax gets caught in the pile and it just ends up getting dragged all over the car, rather than buffing it off.

I've not had that problem with these - folded in half, and then in half again, and turning frequently when buffing.
Toby
Premium Member

30th Jul 12 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

I have found that with 'expensive' microfibres that i have from Dodo Juice (£8) but not with the significantly cheaper Megs (3 for £10)
3CorsaMeal

30th Jul 12 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find them kitchen sponges the best, the harder white side shifts the tough/ thick bits of wax or polish residue.
Scotty_B

31st Jul 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
£8.55 a cloth

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Gauging interest in group buy on epic Crazy Pile microfibre cloths? 22 database queries in 0.0147879 seconds