corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » So who here owns a Corsa B x18xe1?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So who here owns a Corsa B x18xe1?
Primey86

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking for as much info as possible on this conversion, just generally want to know ins/out of conversion, how it runs and what it's like to live with on a daily basis, also what potential do they have?

Andy.
djgritt
Premium Member

2nd Aug 12 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I owned one

Didn't use it as a daily driver, used it for track use mainly.

Other than a faulty MAF supplied with the engine, it was faultless.

They have a lot of potential as they are similar to the Z18XE Units from the COrsa C - Warren G on here has one in his Corsa running as good as 200bhp on Throttle Bodies

There is a good conversion guide on here by DaveyLC (incidentally I got him to do my conversion for me due to lack of time to DIY it)

I like the engine compared to the original X14XE I had beforehand. It had noticeabley more power and torque. I noticed I wasn't having to work the gears as much on circuits as I did beforehand as the power is more broadly spread across the rev range.
Primey86

3rd Aug 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers djgritt much appreciated! I'll keep my eyes peeled for any more information.
djgritt
Premium Member

3rd Aug 12 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guide
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=458623&highlight=1&pid=6024014#pid6024014

Olsrey

4th Aug 12 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You still looking at doing this . I remember you saying you'd buy my lasses XE1 Vectra B! Although I scrapped it last year lol
Primey86

5th Aug 12 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah im still looking at doing it lol, i've since got rid of my other corsa & bought this just a few weeks ago!!

How are you mate?
belton

5th Aug 12 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to own one and did for about a year, I really regret selling it to be honest. I had a corsa C eBay manifold, 2 1/4 back exhaust, Lightened flywheel. It was one of the best cars I have owned. So drive able, used it daily the whole time I had it. Mine did a few mag sensors but only to my own idiocy. Any problems I had were self inflicted as I was trying to mess around with it. Only one issue warren had with it (warren G did the conversion- was excellent) was the plastic gear selector ring from my x16xe was fucked so the first time I drove it, it didn't select reverse! But cost I think £3 from vaux for a new one. Warren also charged me fuck all for it. If you do one I would reccomend warren for a drive it drive out service
Primey86

5th Aug 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate appreciated that, but i think Warren G is a bit too far for my liking!
Olsrey

5th Aug 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not bad mate . Still got my Vec.

Give me a shout if you ever get this done .

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » So who here owns a Corsa B x18xe1? 22 database queries in 0.0090370 seconds