corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Help please!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help please!
mike56gte

User status: Offline
13th Aug 12 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not all that clued up when it comes to computers so i need some help. My problem is i bought a game for my laptop, it works but it lags quite bad (i had a feeling it would before i bought it).

What i need to know is whats making it lag, is it the graphics card? Or is the laptop just not powerful enough? I had a quick look at the system properties and it says it has 4gb of RAM, and from what i can read on the back of the game box that is what is needs to run. (the writing is in a foreign language so i can really read it. Lol)

If it is the graphics card how do you go about upgrading?

Any help would be great.
Cheers.
nathy_87

13th Aug 12 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One: your internet connection sucks. Two: your computer can't handle the graphics. Three: you have to many programs going in the background. Four: your computers specs do not meet the minimum requirements. Five: you have too much junk on your computer ( go to your start tab, find where it says "run" type in "%temp%" then delete everything in there, left click my computer and go to properties, go to setting, advanced setting, then click on "set for best performence"). Hope this helps.

Basically graphics card.

Edit: but I wouldn't know what to recommend.

[Edited on 13-08-2012 by nathy_87]
Sam
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most laptops don't have an upgradeable graphics card as the GPU chip is built-in to the motherboard.

Buy a PC instead, or something like an Alienware laptop if it has to be a laptop.
mike56gte

13th Aug 12 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The laptop recently just got reset back to factory settings and wiped clean.

And thats what i forgot to mention i am not playing online so its nothing to do with connection.
nathy_87

13th Aug 12 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be graphics card then kidda. Do what Sam says. IIRC he can get laptops/pc's.
mike56gte

13th Aug 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for your help. How much could i get a decent Pc for? Dont wont monitor, keyboards etc av got all that shit.
Balling
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 10:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which game are we talking about? Do you expect to run future games on it as well?

mike56gte

13th Aug 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Which game are we talking about? Do you expect to run future games on it as well?

Its some scania truck simulator game. Its my younger brother who is trying to play it but i may think about getting some games if i can get this one to work. Or go halfers on a PC.
Brett
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why consoles are golden. Nothing like being able to buy a game knowing full well it'll work when you stick it in. Gave up on PC gaming years ago.

[Edited on 13-08-2012 by Brett]
James

13th Aug 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
This is why consoles are golden. Nothing like being able to buy a game knowing full well it'll work when you stick it in. Gave up on PC gaming years ago.

This. Although you can get more stuff for PC.
mike56gte

13th Aug 12 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I am the exact same. PC's fry my fuckin brain! Nothings ever simple.
JordyCarter

13th Aug 12 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Partially agree. Console games generally tend to suck compared to the PC variant, BF3, COD etc. I find console games fun for just a dick about for an hour, PC for some hardcore pro gaming. All in all PC is more powerful and keyboard and mouse ftw bwaha

[Edited on 13-08-2012 by JordyCarter]
Sam
Premium Member

13th Aug 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon you'd have to spend at least Ł500 on a PC base unit that has a semi decent spec for playing games.

This is for a custom spec PC not some mass produced, overpriced shite loaded with bloatware.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Help please! 25 database queries in 0.0136819 seconds