corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tapatalk

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tapatalk
Aidan-Fleming

User status: Offline
15th Aug 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there anyway you can get corsa sport on tapatalk iPhone app?
thegsi

15th Aug 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I'm aware, it's only compatible with vBulletin.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

15th Aug 12 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope.
mwg

15th Aug 12 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never understood what use it is having that app. Any forums I go on including this one always look and work fine on the iPhone & iPad through Safari or Chrome.
Whittie

15th Aug 12 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php

Not compatiable with XMB. Shame, i bought the app yesterday, decent.
thegsi

15th Aug 12 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Never understood what use it is having that app. Any forums I go on including this one always look and work fine on the iPhone & iPad through Safari or Chrome.

Tapatalk is brilliant. It's so much easier to navigate through and it has a cool participated thread so you can easily check the threads you've contributed to.
Aidan-Fleming

15th Aug 12 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah indeed, I really think they should enable it
Whittie

15th Aug 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aidan-Fleming
Yeah indeed, I really think they should enable it

It's not compatible with this forum software.
Balling
Premium Member

15th Aug 12 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Using CS on an iPhone fucking annoys me. Constantly zooming in an out. A layout with poster name above the post and fixed with would be much better on a phone.

That said, I hate having apps for everything. Would much prefer a mobile optimized site.

Dom

15th Aug 12 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would need someone to develop a plugin for XMB, even then Ian and Tim have done a fair amount of custom work to CS's version and i suspect CS would need a custom plugin for Tapatalk. A lot of work for a handful of users.

Balling - It'd have to be justifiable before a mobile site could be developed and i doubt there is enough mobile users for Ian to devote his time to it.

[Edited on 15-08-2012 by Dom]
mwg

15th Aug 12 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do not have a problem with it personally I don't browse it that much on my iPhone, on my iPad most the time.

Is there a way to get stop the message about tapatalk coming up when you go on a site that is tapatalk enabled? It does my tits in!
Whittie

15th Aug 12 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Would need someone to develop a plugin for XMB, even then Ian and Tim have done a fair amount of custom work to CS's version and i suspect CS would need a custom plugin for Tapatalk. A lot of work for a handful of users.

Nah, it only picks out board tree's, topics, users, my profile and pm's. All the standard stuff, shouldn't be too hard for someone who knows what they're doing I imagine.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Aug 12 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CS is fine on a phone. If im not in work i'll use my phone for browsing 90% of the time.
Dom

15th Aug 12 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Nah, it only picks out board tree's, topics, users, my profile and pm's. All the standard stuff, shouldn't be too hard for someone who knows what they're doing I imagine.

Have a gander at the API, it isn't a five minute job And i doubt Ian wants to be peeing around for a few users.

As Balling said, a mobile site would be a better bet considering it'd cater for a wider audience; even then it's a fair amount of work for the small number of mobile users.
Balling
Premium Member

15th Aug 12 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
even then it's a fair amount of work for the small number of mobile users.
Can't imagine it would be too difficult if we're talking a light weight version.
No avatars, garages, u2u's etc. Just boards, threads and posts.

Hammer

15th Aug 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It clutters the board anyway, pisses me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dom

15th Aug 12 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Can't imagine it would be too difficult if we're talking a light weight version.

I'm not saying it won't happen, as mobile versions of the sites Ian run would be handy. But i can't see him currently taking time off current projects and putting something together.
Maybe if someone did the design work and knocked up a working mobile template/theme then there might be a chance of him filling in the PHP/DB calls.

Either way i think Tapatalk is off the table, in fact it has been asked before i'm sure Ian wasn't interested then.
noshua

15th Aug 12 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CS is the only forum I go on when I have a poor signal/slow 3G as it loads much quicker than most other forums due to most (all) of the bulk being removed.

Tapatalk is decent for the bulky forums tho, i.e the ones with admins who don't know how to optimise their website
willay
Premium Member

15th Aug 12 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

When the avatars/sigs were first properly introduced with premium I asked Ian for a way to ensure we could cut the crap out, so you should have options like:

Post View Options

Disable BBcode display in posts
Hide Avatars in posts
Remove Avatar (if you don't want one anymore)
willay
Premium Member

15th Aug 12 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noshua - I think thats always been the ethos, keep it simple. Too many forums have too much shit on them, gifs in the sigs, gifs in the avatars, babys dancing and the rest.
AndyKent

15th Aug 12 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pisses me off that certain forums ask me to use the tapatalk app on my ipad.

Its a full size screen, why the fuck can't I dismiss the notification? For that reason, won't use it at all
noshua

15th Aug 12 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
noshua - I think thats always been the ethos, keep it simple. Too many forums have too much shit on them, gifs in the sigs, gifs in the avatars, babys dancing and the rest.

We're not in the early 2000's anymore - no need for the marquee tag to be used in almost every header, signature and footer, along with other images of random shit with the username plastered over it.
Balling
Premium Member

15th Aug 12 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish we had tooned cars with blinking lights in every signature...

willay
Premium Member

15th Aug 12 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corrr I dont know, I do love a marquee

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tapatalk 23 database queries in 0.0120862 seconds