corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lance Armstrong

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lance Armstrong
Cavey

User status: Offline
24th Aug 12 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised the bike nerds haven't made a thread already.

But looks like he's going to be stripped of his 7 tour de france wins because he's said he'll no longer challenge the USODA over their accusations of drug taking.

Which pretty much says he's guilty and that he's giving him so no-one will get to see the evidence that they have collected against him, and he can always still claim he was not on performance enhancing drugs.

Tbh, i'm half and half on it all, it seems very likely he cheated his way to 7 wins, and therefore should definitely be punished and have his cheated wins removed from him. However I don't want all the good he's done with his charity to be tarnished and his work should continue, but it all seems a bit false now, I mean, he was the hero of so many people, overcoming cancer and rising to the top of his sport due to hard work. Now seems like he was guilty of drug use despite his constantly claiming he wasn't.
Whittie

24th Aug 12 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been reading today, and on Walbys facebook.

Still a bit meh about it atm.
Jamie Walby

24th Aug 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read pretty much all there is to read about it. Its pretty damning on Lances part.

That whole era of cycling was rife with doping and corruption.

Notice how all the people that have accused Armstrong throughout his whole career have been anti doping agencies and NEVER the UCI.

UCI have probably covered for him (theres some proof to suggest this is true) for years as his image was great for the sport and they didnt want their already tarnished sport further damaged by Armstrongs doping.

It's all gone too far now though as its really really involved. Writings on the wall for him now.

Its annoying as he was winning his last few TDF titles when I first got interested in cycling so obviously he was a bit of an idol.
Ben J

24th Aug 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above. Writing is on the wall for him now. We'll never know now if he actually doped. But after reading David Millars book I came to the conclusion he must have done. Gutted. Tbf though 90% of the peloton were doped up during Lance's career.

I'm a huge Lance fan after watching him win his Tours, and take over from Indurain (who I never liked), as the TDF god.

[Edited on 24-08-2012 by Ben J]
Jamie Walby

24th Aug 12 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/david-walsh-on-armstrong-and-usadas-charges
Robbo

24th Aug 12 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

natural advantage from cancer therapy imo
Aaron

24th Aug 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Quoted for if/whenever you accuse me of a stupid and pointless post on this forum.
Rick Draper

25th Aug 12 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is if they strip him of his titles who do they give them to? 3 of them to Jan Ullrich who is a convicted doper? When does it stop?.
Ben J

25th Aug 12 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So is Basso. Its fucked tbh.
Aaron

25th Aug 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad came out with a decent line today. "He's the best of the people who took performance enhancing drugs"

As others may have said, as Armstrong was supposedly taking all sorts of shit, so were many others around him. It doesn't make it right though i guess.
Kippers

25th Aug 12 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive read a few of his books.

Ill be quite annoyed if he IS 100% guilty as he talks alot about it in his book.

Still a legend to be honest for what he went through with his cancer ETC
_Allan_

25th Aug 12 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP . 82 was a great age though
Jamie Walby

26th Aug 12 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Thing is if they strip him of his titles who do they give them to? 3 of them to Jan Ullrich who is a convicted doper? When does it stop?.

Think its all down to when the guys who finished behind him were banned or if they were back dated. So when Ullrich was 2nd it will probably go to the 3rd place unless he has also had a ban do it will go to the 4th and so on..... Probably end up going to someone who came way down the field
Jamie Walby

26th Aug 12 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although isnt there some kind of 8 year rule? So results cannot be altered after 8 years. There was an cyclist recently who came clean about using drugs and had to give an Olympic medal back from 2004. If he had waited a couple of weeks he wouldn't had to!
Carl

26th Aug 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a shame but seems they were all at it.
Robbo

26th Aug 12 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

Quoted for if/whenever you accuse me of a stupid and pointless post on this forum.
the was to indicate sarcasm :/

althoughhhhh - lance ar,strong at motorola pre-cancer = shite, lance armstrong at us postal post-cancer = superhuman, you do the math :/
Jamie Walby

29th Aug 12 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151128487493744&set=a.388311148743.167352.309351868743&type=1&theater

[Edited on 29-08-2012 by Jamie Walby]
Rob_Quads

29th Aug 12 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets expand it to not just the top 3 but top 10

Tom G

29th Aug 12 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corrupt bastards.
Nath

15th Jan 13 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21024288
Cavey

15th Jan 13 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole Oprah thing is ridiculous though, i'd imagine he's given her a list of questions to ask and he'll blub his way through it all to get people back on his side.

He had to do this though as he wants to go into Triathlon and is currently banned from all sport for life. Also talk that he's going to whistle blow on a lot of people who helped him and knew about his drug use to aid his future
Robin
Premium Member

15th Jan 13 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What was the blood transfusion thing about?
Jamie Walby

15th Jan 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
The whole Oprah thing is ridiculous though, i'd imagine he's given her a list of questions to ask and he'll blub his way through it all to get people back on his side.

He had to do this though as he wants to go into Triathlon and is currently banned from all sport for life. Also talk that he's going to whistle blow on a lot of people who helped him and knew about his drug use to aid his future

Yep, blokes at the top of the UCI might be shitting themselves at the moment
Jamie Walby

15th Jan 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
What was the blood transfusion thing about?

They take out some blood and freeze it then your body creates more red blood cells. Then you put the blood youve taken out back in to increase the amount of red blood cells in your system.

Half a litre of blood equates to an extra half litre of oxygen per minute to the muscles.

Its also not detectable by tests apparently.
emicen

15th Jan 13 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you look at how many Tour victories have some drugs question mark around them, it lends a lot of credability to Armstrong's argument that there were a lot more people involved and a lot more knowledge of it.

I'd like to see some of the high and mighty journalists bumping their gums take 5 years out their lives, do whatever fucking drugs they want and then try completing 1 Tour, never mind winning 7.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Lance Armstrong 23 database queries in 0.0138478 seconds