corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x12xe lifters

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x12xe lifters
TimC909

User status: Offline
4th Sep 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does any body know if they are prone to going a bit hard and keeping valves open? I had it mentioned to me and was wondering if it is quite common?

After doing a compression test on Saturday that led to cylinder number 4 being about 15psi lower then the rest and taking a little bit longer to reach peak pressure im wondering if it is infact the lifter thats causing my missfire.

Thanks
davegreen
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have seen problems like this on many engines, if you are lucky changing the oil getting the engine very hoy adding oil flush and then oil and filter change may sort it. usually just a build up of carbon and waxed oil.
TimC909

4th Sep 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do have some oil flush in my glove box, just need to get round to getting some good quality oil and a filter. Not usuing cheap shit this time around
davegreen
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 05:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oil from vauxhall is plenty good enough for standard or light tuned engines, 10w/40 semi synthetic. usually avaible from auto vaux for around £10/ 5 litres. get oil hot, change it get it hot again add flush and change it again. Ive used very cheep oil for flushing, £5 from asda.
TimC909

5th Sep 12 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will order in a couple of filters and oil from autovaux and give it a whirl over the weekend. If it fails to work I guess ill have to pull the cams out.
TimC909

5th Sep 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Piece of shit still misses after using engine flush before my 15mile drive home from work with an oil change.

Gotta be new lifters to try next.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x12xe lifters 22 database queries in 0.2404070 seconds