corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE questions

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE questions
*CorsaCal*

User status: Offline
5th Sep 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all. Some of you may already know that i have bought myself a C20XE corsa b which has already had the engine transplant however i will be removing and fully rebuilding the engine. I am new to the 2.0 world so please bear with me.

1. How do you know which drive shafts and hubs have been used and also which do you recommend?

2. What is the difference between blue and cream injectors?

3. I have been told the gearbox is a F16 but i know most people use the F20. What is the difference and will the F16 be strong enough?

Any other pointers or advice would be greatly apreciated.
Cheers.
Generation

5th Sep 12 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. If you count the amount of splines on the outer cv joint that should tell you if you can use standard Corsa hubs.

2. I beleive it's just fuelling, big wait for somebody else to confirm.

3.shorter gear ratio. So I think it will get to speed faster but have smaller top end speed.
*CorsaCal*

5th Sep 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats helpfull cheers. So the f16 would be up to the job it just has a lower top speed? Which shaft set-up is seen to be the most reliable?
craig55

5th Sep 12 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2. creams are 2.5 bar fuel reg and blues are 3 bar reg for emissions (later engines)
craig55

5th Sep 12 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *CorsaCal*
Thats helpfull cheers. So the f16 would be up to the job it just has a lower top speed? Which shaft set-up is seen to be the most reliable?

Lower top speed and quicker acceleration i use equal length shafts with conversion hubs whitch is reliable and helps with tourqe steer

New Poll