corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Exeter People

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exeter People
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
13th Sep 12 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heading down there this weekend for football and staying down there so will be having a night round the town.

What sort of places and areas are good? We are northerners remember so cheap is always good. Like a good mix of old man type pubs with proper ales and then somewhere for later on in the night. Been recommended Timepiece as a place to go.

Seems to be plenty of pubs about looking at Google Maps but could do with sorting the wheat from the chaff.

Oh and if I see Doyle I'll be sure to punch him FULL IN THE FACE.
_Allan_

13th Sep 12 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please don't punch him. I'd appreciate it if you could undo his shirt collar button though x
JonnyJ

13th Sep 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can i punch it open?
_Allan_

13th Sep 12 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deal
nibnob21
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 17:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a few nice weatherspoons down there, the George I think one of them is called is in an old church which is pretty cool. Always pretty busy in there.

The Cavern is more of a giggy type place which can be good, not a club though. Timepiece is the most popular club. Ricocos is another popular place.

Only been out in Exeter two or three times so not really sure where is cheapest or which place is good on what night. Just follow the crowds lol. Everything is loosely based around the main high street.

MX5 Project Thread
Bart

13th Sep 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speak with Doyle, im sure he'll take you out on the town
JonnyJ

13th Sep 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
There's a few nice weatherspoons down there, the George I think one of them is called is in an old church which is pretty cool. Always pretty busy in there.

The Cavern is more of a giggy type place which can be good, not a club though. Timepiece is the most popular club. Ricocos is another popular place.

Only been out in Exeter two or three times so not really sure where is cheapest or which place is good on what night. Just follow the crowds lol. Everything is loosely based around the main high street.

Cavern sounds decent, might check that out. Heard the Imperial is nice for a spoons. Aye, main street seems a decent bet.
nibnob21
Premium Member

13th Sep 12 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just googled it and the one I'm on about is George's Meeting House. Definitely the nicest Wetherspoons in Exeter in my opinion.

The Cavern is fairly small but always fairly busy. Usually costs around £4-£5 to get in off the top of my head. If you don't know where it is it can be hard to find as it's underground.

It's near Exeter Central Station, just off Queen street in the little alley in between Toni & Guy and The Boston Tea Party.

Here's their website:

http://exetercavern.com/

It's not exactly cheaper than other places but remember you're in the centre of a nice city in the middle of Devon. Pint of San Miguel which they have on tap will probably set you back around £3.50. Fairly standard for the area to be honest.

MX5 Project Thread
JonnyJ

14th Sep 12 at 01:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye I'm prepared for the extortionate price of beer

Cheers mate, will look out for those places!
AlunJ

14th Sep 12 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
speak with Doyle, im sure he'll take you out on the town

Just don't come back looking like something that even the cast of TOWIE rejected.
nibnob21
Premium Member

14th Sep 12 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not everyone in Exeter is like that. It's definitely no worse than other places.

Doyle's just a tard.

MX5 Project Thread

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Exeter People 23 database queries in 0.0119400 seconds