corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Drug shortages

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drug shortages
JM_16v

User status: Offline
16th Sep 12 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/38616

Big issue going on in the UK that goes unheard, the fact why drug companies control the flow of drugs between countries to increase their profits

the UK government defend it by saying they cannot allow free trade with europe as there is already a drugs shortage. The real reason is that it is controlled to keep the prices of drugs high, if trade opened up to the entire of Europe it would open the market allowing it to be competitive. When it comes down to it why cant the drug companies just make more! This would resolve the shortage. But would mean they would be in a free market and as such the prices would lower.

Whilst trying to cut costs in the NHS why not start with allowing conformity with the EU law and cutting the costs of our drugs.

*DID YOU KNOW* when you get your prescription and pay £7.50 or whatever it is that the actually costs are in the multiple hundred for the drugs and the rest is Subsidised by the NHS? Drugs cost thousands,

Please sign the E Petition above and allow this debate to hit the House of Commons

[Edited on 16-09-2012 by JM_16v]
Gaz

16th Sep 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's also because not every country in the UK actually contributes the £7.50 fee
Cavey

16th Sep 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I predict big things for this thread
Ben G

16th Sep 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking scottish scrounging cunts imo.
Root

16th Sep 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An asthma spray costs more than £7.50? Then why do asda sell them for £7? o~o
John

16th Sep 12 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
that's also because not every country in the UK actually contributes the £7.50 fee

No it's not, not even close.

The amount of money they get from people who pay for a prescription, even before Scotland was free, was a tiny percentage, iirc somewhere along the lines of 5%
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Sep 12 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing everything is subsidised on prescription, I've had stuff in the past and paid £7.50 for it, only to buy it 4 weeks later over the counter for a few quid.

I appreciate proper death's door stuff is probably a bit more steep but certainly not the case for everything.
JM_16v

16th Sep 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This isnt about the price of prescriptions but the actual cost to the NHS and to us via taxes
Ste
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 22:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another crock of shit from people who don't know what they're talking about.

Ok, so a tablet may cost 1p to actually manufacture and they charge a pound for it.

These are companies who need billions of pounds for research and development of new drugs. This money needs to come from somewhere.

If you aren't happy with the nearly free health care in this country fuck off somewhere else and quit whinging.

Go to Sudan where you can't get any drugs, go to america where you will pay $90 for pain killers for tooth ache.

Fuck off

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

woosaaah
Ste
Premium Member

16th Sep 12 at 23:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, where is the proof of this? He harps on about it but provides no evidence of this happening

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Colin

16th Sep 12 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine are FOC
Jakey
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 07:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it doesn't sound like a lot of money but it winds me up that I have to pay for a prescription every 4 weeks for a drug to keep me alive. And seeing as so I'm on it for the rest of my life, that's gonna turn into a fair few quid.
gez bay

17th Sep 12 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Value your life. I'd be quite happy to pay £7.50 a month
For something thats keeping me alive.
That's like the cost of 3 pints a month.

[Edited on 17-09-2012 by gez bay]
Jakey
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do value my life, especially everything that's gone on with it.

It's the principle of having to pay for something that I need that's keeping me alive when you can get contraceptives and that for free.
richc

17th Sep 12 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Nothing everything is subsidised on prescription, I've had stuff in the past and paid £7.50 for it, only to buy it 4 weeks later over the counter for a few quid.

This.
Dan
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

7.65 prescription. Doctor said try over counter instead it's probably cheaper.

Exact stuff for 2.09!

Daylight robbery!

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
mattk

17th Sep 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If John is correct in saying only 5% of people pay for prescriptions then I say thats the issue needing to be discussed in parliament.

5% of this country are normal working people. what are the other 95%?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

17th Sep 12 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think John was referring to the overall over the counter income for prescriptions being around 5% of the actual cost of the drugs rather than only 5% of people are paying for prescriptions.

[Edited on 17-09-2012 by Mike]
Stu_22

17th Sep 12 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hat the fact it's a tax to keep us healthy or alive.

If we drink or smoke we get taxed too
John

17th Sep 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
I think John was referring to the overall over the counter income for prescriptions being around 5% of the actual cost of the drugs rather than only 5% of people are paying for prescriptions.

[Edited on 17-09-2012 by Mike]

No it was a really small proportion of people actually pay.
JM_16v

17th Sep 12 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Also, where is the proof of this? He harps on about it but provides no evidence of this happening

http://www.bipwa.co.uk/en/home

http://www.patientsbeforeprofit.com/en/home

open your eyes
LeeM

17th Sep 12 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ste
Premium Member

18th Sep 12 at 04:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JM_16v
quote:
Originally posted by Ste

http://www.bipwa.co.uk/en/home

http://www.patientsbeforeprofit.com/en/home

open your eyes

I see a load of hippy conspiricy shit from some wesite that states 'facts' but still doesn't back them up with evidence.

Want me to make a pretty pink website for you to believe in bigfoot?

Ste
Premium Member

18th Sep 12 at 04:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, that is two links to the same website so you haven't really corroborated anything there.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Drug shortages 23 database queries in 0.0148909 seconds