corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » lecky window mec's and windows

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author lecky window mec's and windows
Jed D

User status: Offline
21st Sep 12 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

few questions:

how do you remove the lecky window mec's and windows themselves?

what wiring do i keep for the central locking but removing all the rest?

is there anything else i could remove in that area for weight loss?
craig55

21st Sep 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the card off lower the window slightly theres a bracket bolted to the inner door skin 3 10mm bolts if i rember right it will allow you to tilt the window you may have to take it up or down to allow you to fully get it out the guide and the mech is pop riveted in they need drilling out

For the wireing just remove the wires that go to the switches and motor or get door looms from a low spec car with just central locking
Jed D

22nd Sep 12 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

problem, iv sold the lecky window switches cant move the windows up or down. wanting to replace them with placky ones but dont want to smash them out as il need them to draw around

craig55

22nd Sep 12 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use a power probe
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd Sep 12 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RE weight loss - I did this (but avoided the mounts for the window mechanisms in case I needed to put them back in)

Pic is halfway through the work - there were more when I finished!

In yours, you could possibly cut out most of the inner skin I imagine.
Johnjourno

24th Sep 12 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you have 4 wires that run to your window motor, a positive live, earth, switch live for up, switch live for down, even without the switch you should still have power to it, you just need to give it a 12 volt feed, red is live, brown is earth (might be black, I can't remember) and the other two are skinnier and with a trace colour, try one, if it doesnt do anything, try another, just connect a power probe or a test light to them with the feed and you'll be fine

As for removing wiring, take the full door loom out, unwrap the loom from the electric window plug and remove the wiring towards the door plug, whilst rewrapping the loom so it stays tidy, and when you get to the door, either remove the terminals from the plug or simply cut the wires out of the plug for the window motor, problem solved, the only wiring you really need is for the door lock actuator and the door switch (on the handle) unless you still have speakers and elec mirrors, your call on those though
Jed D

25th Sep 12 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i plan on removing the whole skin, the safty bars behind that too, infact sod it, il do away with central locking, just a bit unsure if iv got enough perspex left yet, waiting for the rain to fuck off

cheers for the help lads

New Poll