corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bikers!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bikers!!
WATSON

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at doing a full direct access course soon, Anyone done this recently? Is the training hard?

I've also heard the bike tests will be changing from January, anyone know the changes? Haven't googled them yet

gazza808

22nd Sep 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy as fuck IMO
I did mine last year, 5 days in a row with module one and two test on the final day.
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Sep 12 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got any experience at all? That'll be the crux of wether you find the course intense or straightforward.
WATSON

23rd Sep 12 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Have you got any experience at all? That'll be the crux of wether you find the course intense or straightforward.

Not on road bike no, I've been on motocross bikes quite a lot of my life but id imagine it's completely different
tom130691
Premium Member

23rd Sep 12 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
Easy as fuck IMO
I did mine last year, 5 days in a row with module one and two test on the final day.

how many pennies ?

keep saying ill do mine but never get round to it,
nick_sri

23rd Sep 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WATSON
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

Not on road bike no, I've been on motocross bikes quite a lot of my life but id imagine it's completely different

should fly through , motocross bikes much harder to ride than road bikes imo
WATSON

23rd Sep 12 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys,

Its on offer at the moment too £450 for full course down from the original £598
RichR
Premium Member

24th Sep 12 at 06:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll be fine then, I'd only ridden trials before taking mine. It definitely makes a difference having experience of a bike regardless!!
Graeme
Premium Member

24th Sep 12 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you will be fine. Most people struggle with the clutch and gears but if you know what your doing there your miles ahead. You'll do a cbt on first half day anyway which are the real basics.

I had 1 day training but had ridden bikes on and off road a lot and did my restricted test when I was 17. Found it very easy then but the direct is harder and it's got harder.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bikers!! 22 database queries in 0.0130329 seconds