corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Natwest Phone Insurance

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Natwest Phone Insurance
James

User status: Offline
24th Sep 12 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a bank account that includes Natwest Phone Insurance. This phone insurance was probably the biggest selling point for the premium bank account. It was sold with the tagline "Even covers iPhones.....". This is a quote from their website:

quote:
Great cover for your mobile, iPhone or BlackBerry
Advantage Gold mobile phone insurance looks after your mobile, wherever you are in the world. It covers your registered phone against loss, theft, damage, breakdown and unauthorised calls.
You can even register an iPhone, BlackBerry or PDA. They’re all included up to a maximum original retail value of £1000 for each phone.

Now I need to make a claim, I've looked into it in a bit more detail and found the following.

quote:
Due to Apple having restricted stock we are unable to supply new or quality refurbished iPhones. If you opt not to accept an alternative phone then we offer a cash settlement equal to the value of a refurbished iPhone. This will be less than the cost of a new iPhone.

I'm actually amazed that they can do this. So really it's not proper insurance at all?

Do I have a leg to stand on?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

24th Sep 12 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kick up so much stink they don't know what hit them.

James

24th Sep 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The comment about Apple having restricted stock is clearly utter bollocks?
thegsi

24th Sep 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooh glad you posted this as I have the same policy. Advantage Gold yes? The Green Flag cover isn't worth the paper it's printed on either. Told them I had an Evo and they said, sorry we don't offer breakdown on those?! :@
James

24th Sep 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep Advantage Gold. My Green Flag cover has only been used once when my battery died in the cold weather. That was fine.

I'll definitely be taking my custom elsewhere. Although I've been really impressed with Natwest in general.
John

24th Sep 12 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't surprise me if Apple do restrict the refurb stock. Force cash refunds instead so people can buy new phones.
James

24th Sep 12 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But why do the insurance company use refurb stock, shouldn't they be using brand new stock?

[Edited on 24-09-2012 by James]
John

24th Sep 12 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nup, normally refurbs.
Ben G

24th Sep 12 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dads friend just got a refurbished iphone from halifax phone insurance.

load of shit really, and you have to wait ages rather than next day from a proper mobile company.
Jambo

24th Sep 12 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Orange insurance use refurbs.

Not uncommon.

GF has barclays mobile insurance, brok her N97, claim took a couple of weeks but they sent her through a brand new boxed N97 still sealed.
Bonney

24th Sep 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its to do with costs, They charge you top price for the insurance, then they get in broken phones, say it can't be repaired when it can then send out one they have refurbed. Then your broken one gets repaired and sent out to someone else, ust a big cycle really.
John

24th Sep 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it cheaper to send out someone else's fixed phone than your own fixed phone? That makes no sense.
Bonney

24th Sep 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turnaround times i think. In some cases its easier just to say its fucked than to actually fix them. So a refurb gets sent out then your phone is repaired with parts they have in stock (They usually go to the manufacturer to be done) then sent back to the insurers.
CORSA NUT

24th Sep 12 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooh good spotting fella I have the same policy etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Natwest Phone Insurance 22 database queries in 0.2055130 seconds