corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Air flow pipe !?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Air flow pipe !?
csifku

User status: Offline
29th Sep 12 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it be a good idea to connect air flow pipe direct to the trottle (im not sure if this is how u call the thing what let the air in in english ..) i wanted install it down the bottom of the left side on a bumper... or what actually i need to do this, maybe my post will sound stupid to all of you, im sorry , hope u will get what i mean ..
iby

30th Sep 12 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean bypassing the air filter? It will not be a good idea at all as you will get crap in our engine and it will die quicker.

Why do you want to do it?

Will sound grunty though. I would drill holes in the airbox and leave standard filter inside and derestrict the box.

Dont directly link the throttle body to the outside air. Not good lol. Vauxhall have designed the engine and ECU to be optimal with the factory airbox.
csifku

30th Sep 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by iby
Do you mean bypassing the air filter? It will not be a good idea at all as you will get crap in our engine and it will die quicker.

Why do you want to do it?

Will sound grunty though. I would drill holes in the airbox and leave standard filter inside and derestrict the box.

Dont directly link the throttle body to the outside air. Not good lol. Vauxhall have designed the engine and ECU to be optimal with the factory airbox.

thats a good idea actually, to drill holes on the standart box. thats why i asked can i put direct hose pipe from outside cos there is nothing to stop rubbish goin inside :/ do u think is good idea to put airflow pipe connected to the standart box ?
iby

30th Sep 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Engine is it bro?

So you're saying getting a flexible duct pipe, cutting bumper or grill and ducting it to the airbox? That would work. BUT you have to keep in mind that MAF sensor (mass airflow sensor) can get faulty easily and especially 1.0/1.2 they can give problems if the flow is too much as it could get to a point where there is too much air and the maf sensor doesn't have the capability to express to the ecu what mixture to send to the injectors. There should be a ducting already there connecting from the airbox+possibly resonator to the top frame.

Also have a read here: http://www.allcorsa.co.uk/forums/showthread.php/de-restrict-your-134.html

thanks
csifku

1st Oct 12 at 06:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, i wont cut my bumper at all, just gonna make a hole on the grill which is on the bumper, i wont ruin the bumper, this air flow sensor, can i change it with other one ? I got X12XE :/ after all these question i want to ask u the most important one, is it gonna be any better (run better)if i do airflow pipe or sport filter or not ?

New Poll