corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » So what's the score with classic car insurance?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So what's the score with classic car insurance?
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
11th Oct 12 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More specifically for normal cars which are now 'Old'

Car in question is a 96 E36 M3 which I've been told can be insured on a classic policy? Is there certain companies who you have to deal with as I can't seem to find one with a specific criteria

Basically I can't seem to insure one lower than £900 which is daft considering my scooby is £500.
Colin

11th Oct 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insured mine through Admiral normal policy for under 500.
CORSA NUT

11th Oct 12 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will have to try specific companies instead of compare sites etc. can't believe at 31 with 6 years no claims, never had a claim or accident or any points and locked in a garage at night can be near £1000 on a £3000 car!

How did you rate yours Col? I went from a classic WRX to a 325i and loved it. Felt so much newer and better built. Only reason I had to sell was because of engine issues.
mattant

12th Oct 12 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try here http://www.moneysupermarket.com/car-insurance/classic-cars/ you may have to be on a restricted mileage policy though
Colin

12th Oct 12 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT

How did you rate yours Col?

Felt old and constantly worried i'd break it.

E46 was loads better.
random dav
Premium Member

12th Oct 12 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always used need2insure for my S1, was only 200ish on a restricted milage policy. Also I think most CC policies don't let you build up NCB.

WRLFC !

Project cars
CORSA NUT

12th Oct 12 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmmm doesn't sound good your right about the NC's Dav! I need to get more than 6 years so that's not an option. Plus I'd be using it everyday so circa 6k a year.

Oh well

Colin it can't feel older and more prone to breaking than my scooby

Thanks guys

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » So what's the score with classic car insurance? 23 database queries in 0.0109580 seconds