corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa c20xe rear disc convertion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c20xe rear disc convertion
benturner

User status: Offline
13th Oct 12 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi every 1 i have just put a c20xe in my corsa but have not driven her yet as getting her sprayed up and everythink before she comes out but was just thinking do they stop well or is it worth putting a rear disc convertion to her as at the moment she has 2.0 litre brakes on the front but standard drums on the back if so are the rear convertions expensive to buy and easy to fit thanks
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

13th Oct 12 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disk conversions seem to get various opinions, tbh mine stops well enough with the drums but I wouldn't mind the rear disk conversion purely for the looks

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
benturner

13th Oct 12 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats what i was thinking m8 for the looks whats engine is in urs m8 looks very smart in ur pic
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

13th Oct 12 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20xe mate, cheers

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
bigron1988

13th Oct 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hate having disks on my b thats why ive kepted the drums on my c , disks are only good for the looks
Aidan-Fleming

14th Oct 12 at 02:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do a rear disc conversion id say they would quite often lock up on corners etc. I'd just stick with drums mate
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Oct 12 at 06:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need good fabriction skills to convert a corsa b rear beem to discs, they do give better stopping power but you do need very good brakes up front as well and the correct bias set up which will depend on what size brakes your using and the cars weight or you will get them locking up and thats not much fun.
jay26

14th Oct 12 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My rear disc converted corsa never locked up the rear brakes and it had no bias valve fitted
scunnylad

14th Oct 12 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no bias valve fitted and have never locked the rear up and have given it some on country roads. The only prob i have is getting a decent handbrake.
benturner

18th Oct 12 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oki thanks every 1 might keep drums then and i have got 2.0 litre brakes at the front but have no abs as my corsa was a 1.4 8v at first some dident come with it thanks
jayy.cfg

20th Oct 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would personally keep the drums but if your concerned about braking then look investing in some front calipers like wildwood, bremcos but you can just use either 288mm or 256mm calipers and your car will be fine, prehaps braided lines aswell
Nic Barnes

20th Oct 12 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is the how to guide in case you are interested.
davegreen
Premium Member

20th Oct 12 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good guide, thats the one i used! if you follow this you should be ok if you can weld that is. ive got a great hand brake, bit of a fiddle adjusting the drums but once thats done its easy.

New Poll