corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Blinkin' Oil Light!! HELP!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blinkin' Oil Light!! HELP!!
l88fty
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   15th Oct 12 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Evening all, over the course of the last 3 months I have had an issue with this blinkin' oil light, not on my Corsa, this is on my company car. Its a 2004 Zafira 2L DTi 16v.

The issue - on tick over or low revs in gear, the oil light acts like its having a fit, normally when the engine is warm and has done around 30miles from cold start before it starts doing it. Sometimes it blinks and sometimes it is just on, but as soon as I put revs on, in/out of gear, the light goes out.

So far we have done;

* New oil pressure switch
* Several Engine Flushes
* New Oil
* Thicker Oil
* Sump off & Pick Up pipe cleaned

Still no joy, so the next thing on the list is to get a garage to test the oil pressure for me, hopefully that will tell us if its the pump or not.

Just wondered if anyone has come accross this or had the same issue before. Its my work vehicle and I desprately need to get it sorted as its in use daily and I do around 1200 miles a week.

Thank you, Lofty

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

15th Oct 12 at 18:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dodgey wiring to the plug?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
bigron1988

15th Oct 12 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like it wants a new oil pump but checking the pressure will tell you this
l88fty
Premium Member

15th Oct 12 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats another issue we havent checked yet Darryl, as auto electricians arent cheap lol. But its on the list if the oil pressure test comes back as ok.

Thanks Ron, will get that done ASAP so we can rule it out.

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929

New Poll