corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stupid rules at work.....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stupid rules at work.....
Tiger

User status: Offline
1st Nov 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've just had a new 'law' brought into effect at work by the new Hitler, ahem, production manager......

Basically we're no longer allowed any form of hot drink, or squash between break times. Sometimes the temperatures in the factory don't exceed about 12'c between now and spring and often when its wintery we have snow blowing through the automatic doors which frequently don't close.

Even if we start at 6am, (usual start time 0730) we're only allowed to drink CHILLED water til 10am when we have 10 minutes to have a hot drink and consequently the hot water urn runs out of hot water after about 10 cups (There are 40 people trying to make hot drinks at the same time) another break at 1230 for 30 mins, then a 10 minute break at 1450.

Due to this, us workers have refused to work any overtime, and the guv'nrs are bitching about it.

Anyone else have these mini adolfs trying destroy the morale of the workers and failing?

[Edited on 01-11-2012 by Tiger]
Brett
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's his justification for that?
Tiger

1st Nov 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently it takes too long to fill a mug up with hot water.
mattant

1st Nov 12 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were once banned from open topped drinks after a manger spilled his on some work, they even tried to ban us from talking once but they get bored of trying to enforce it after a bit.

They did however say we can't mention where we work or anything about work on Facebook in case we accept bribes, someone actually got sacked for it.
Hammer

1st Nov 12 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Apparently it takes too long to fill a mug up with hot water.

andy_mk3

1st Nov 12 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same where I work in a garage, no food or drink allowed in the workshop at any time. So when the doors are wide open all day it's as cold inside as it is outside, I quite like to have a brew in my hand and a spanner in the other, but noo!
leon.

1st Nov 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what if you take a flask
Neo

1st Nov 12 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I was 16 or so and worked in a supermarket, we had a manager that came for a few months....he banned brown shoes, told us we couldnt wear short sleeves even though it was mid summer and I was working a manual job and got rid of the kettle and had it replaced with a machine

At the time I got really worked up and angry about it however in hindsight complete middle aged jobsworth realizing he was stuck in life in a dead end job being harsh to kids
Tiger

1st Nov 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by leon.
what if you take a flask

Not allowed apparently.
BeetleGav

1st Nov 12 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask your manager to do your job and see how cold he gets without a warm drink. im sure he will soon start moaning
Eck
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 22:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What line of work? As he should be addressing the issue of working below the minimum working temperature.
ed

1st Nov 12 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have no rules at work. I've never drunk so much tea before in my life since starting!
Tiger

1st Nov 12 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
What line of work? As he should be addressing the issue of working below the minimum working temperature.

It's manufacturing in a factory.
Brett
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank fuck these days are long gone. Can't beat working in an office where you can brew when you want, eat when you want, smoke when you want and generally go about your business as you fuckin please I hated it when I was young and we basically had to work in silence, breaks when told, etc, etc, complete crap.
Crana

1st Nov 12 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get timed when I go for a shit... beat that also try working in 3-5c all year round
Eck
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

It's manufacturing in a factory.

I'm the same but we still go to the min working temperature of 16.9 degrees C iirc.
evilrob
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 22:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crana
I get timed when I go for a shit...

Is it only the duration you get scored on, or do they also take into account fragrance, colour and volume (both types)?
CORSA NUT

1st Nov 12 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll probably find its because someone has taken the piss and has fucked it up for the rest of you.

Speaking as a former workshop manager
James

1st Nov 12 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We aren't allowed to eat at our desks. In general it's good because it encourages us to use the staff restaurant area, but sometimes I don't have time to stop so literally scoff down a sandwich in 2 minutes to get back to my desk.

Apart from that it's very laid back. Can come and go as I please and have hot/cold drinks whenever.

[Edited on 01-11-2012 by James]
RichR
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Office staff in my place our really laid back, only two rules; if you make for one, you make for all and if you empty the kettle you fill it back up. Official lunchtime is 1230-1300 but we can take our's when it suits us and breaks when we need them.

The shop floor hourly staff get a 10minute tea break at 1000 and another at 1500 with 1230-1300 for lunch but our H&S policy prevents any of us taking drinks or food onto the shop floor. We're okay at our desks or in the office but shop floor have to use the canteen or go out
Jambo

1st Nov 12 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eat what I want and drink what I want when I want

Gary
Premium Member

1st Nov 12 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Eat what I want and drink what I want when I want

Last time I had a designated break I was 19
Jambo

1st Nov 12 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only enjoyed those luxuries for the past 12months. Previous to that it was work non paid lunch break for £0 and don't eat
sam-smith

2nd Nov 12 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where i used to work they used to go through area managers every couple of months and they always came up with new and great rules (most of which we ignored)

my favourites where
-banning radios and then changing their mind and saying we can only use approved radios
-banning overtime and then giving it back about a few weeks later after realising they needed it more than we did
-banning us from wearing hoods up while on site (even in rain)

[Edited on 02-11-2012 by sam-smith]
Mertin

2nd Nov 12 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few weeks ago we had a new manager (6 months) start to pull people up for not having their boilersuit fully zipped up. Somestimes were working in areas with 2 gas turbines running side by side and the sweat is actually pouring off you so your glad for a bit of fresh air when you get out of there and he tells you to get zipped up! And he actually says there is a policy for it, which no one has seen

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Stupid rules at work..... 22 database queries in 0.0107131 seconds