corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Metal Fabrication - Update it's finished

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Metal Fabrication - Update it's finished
mwg

User status: Offline
5th Nov 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you think I could have a metal fabricator make a near enough exact copy of what's shown in the video below for quite a bit less than £225+VAT? That's what they cost to buy normally, I was thinking it seemed a bit steep and wondered if I could get one made for cheaper?

http://youtu.be/MZyqc5BxwDY

Obviously will go and ask a fabricator what they think but no harm in asking on here

[Edited on 07-12-2012 by mwg]
Steve
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that should be 50 quid max
mwg

5th Nov 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds more like what I was thinking
Bart

5th Nov 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cut, bent, welded and spray painted for £50?
Going to be a little more than £50, but not a huge amount.

[Edited on 05-11-2012 by Bart]
mwg

5th Nov 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess there is a bit of work to it but would hope it could be done for a lot less than £270!

It's relatively simple, I just don't have any of the equipment to be able to do it!
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Nov 12 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't just bend the back up either because the back and sides would be in the way, plus you'd have to net the corners not a straight cut.

What are the legs, 25mm box?

Need the designs for it really instead of guessing, be a bit late by the time you've made it and had it galvanised to find the bag doesn't fit.

It'd also need delivering. Not sure you'd be much under £200 tbh.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Nov 12 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Actually looking again, that looks more than 25mm on the legs.
mwg

5th Nov 12 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the bags already and I've got a wooden frame that I use at the moment to hang them from whilst I fill them but it's not anything like as fast as this is so thinking of an upgrade
mwg

5th Nov 12 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't thinking anyone on here could do it for me as like you say the delivery would be a problem/extra cost
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Nov 12 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can come up with some measurements I can get it made. Will be galvanised not powder coated but that's just as durable if not more so.
Corsa_Sport21

5th Nov 12 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drop Steve a PM and get him to sort you 1 out for £50. Guessing he has contacts that he has gave quite a low price considering.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Nov 12 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can have it for £50 if you buy 200 of them.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know someone that would knock me that up for about 50 quid. He's retired now though so probs wouldn't be interested in doing it for someone random
Nath

5th Nov 12 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I know someone that would knock me that up for about 50 quid. He's retired now though so probs wouldn't be interested in doing it for someone random
oh right
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Nov 12 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not even sure you could make it for £50, couple of meters of 40mm RHS, sheet of 1mm plate, welding wire, gas, galv at 60p/kg.

Ideally what you need is a design which uses an entire length of box and the whole sheet and makes a few, galv them at the same time, bosh.
ed

5th Nov 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would cost more than £50 to make 1 off. It would cost a lot less than £50 to make 100 off. Luckily there are plenty of people out there with the kit to make it very cheaply if you wanted to do a run.
LeeM

5th Nov 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
that should be 50 quid max

quote:

so, £50 max assuming its made by a specific guy whos retired so doesnt have a workshop to pay for, and only if hes making it for you.

that wont be as easy to make as it looks, if you took a finished version in bare metal to a powder coaters it would probably cost £50 alone

[Edited on 05-11-2012 by LeeM]
pow
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easily... We have a guy at work who I could put ou in touch with
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Nov 12 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just waiting on the plans and I'm doing it Dave. Nice little winter sideline for us self employed people.
Gaz

5th Nov 12 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why does it need to be metal? why not a wooden fabrication with a plastic inner section so the wood can slide freely?

Also, the video is a shit promo video - he drops a piece when tipping
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Nov 12 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noticed the piece that makes a bid for freedom
Gary
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half agree with steve. 50quid in materials welded yourself.

Personally I wouldn't coat it, just cover in wd when not used fpr a while.
mwg

5th Nov 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't postage going to be a killer on it? I was going to ask a fabricator round the corner from my work what he thought so i could do away with the postage cost. Found somewhere doing it for £145 including postage...

I can get the bag size in about 30 mins just got to nip out
Steve
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly i reckon if you ask about you could get it sub 100 easily, most of these old school fabricators will have most of the materials for that kicking around in off cuts and the like so will charge bare minimum for materials really

[Edited on 05-11-2012 by Steve]
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Nov 12 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can do a pallet to Cumbria for £41, might even be less if it can come apart.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Metal Fabrication - Update it's finished 22 database queries in 0.0137939 seconds