corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » who want's to make £10?? UPDATE!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author who want's to make £10?? UPDATE!
tobyc20xe

User status: Offline
   8th Nov 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay now your in here the story is i need a new engine loom for my X20XEV corsa.

So far i have rang over 25 scrap yards all over england ect but still no luck....really starting to piss me off that i can't find one

This is the last part to finish the engine and get it running as the loom i got with the engine is pasted being able to be fixed.

as daft as it sounds am will to offer £10 to who ever finds me one i can buy off them.

it MUST be a astra mk4 X20XEV engine loom and be mint!

please drop me a u2u with pics,price ect if you have one.

no daft comments please

thanks toby.

[Edited on 18-11-2012 by tobyc20xe]
Mieran

8th Nov 12 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know of a Vectra B with one of these engines at a scrappy

Why does it have to be MK4 Astra?
tobyc20xe

8th Nov 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mieran
I know of a Vectra B with one of these engines at a scrappy

Why does it have to be MK4 Astra?

the vectra use a diffrent loom and ECU to the astra hence why it must be a astra mk4 one. i would rewire it all for a vectra loom and ECU but am running a X20XER ECU witch only fits a astra loom
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
8th Nov 12 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What models were the engine in? Just SRi?
tobyc20xe

8th Nov 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
What models were the engine in? Just SRi?

As far as i know yes Ian the SRI come in the 1.8 engine and the 2.0 (X20XEV) the loom is proveing hard to find...hence the post on here!
Rob E

8th Nov 12 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Astra-G-2-0-16V-X20XEV-98-04-bottom-lower-engine-loom-wiring-harness-/160914386375?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item25773eadc7

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/inlet-manifold-x20xev-vauxhall-astra-2-0-sri-3dr-99-05-breaking-sheffield-/260958825894?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AAstra&hash=item3cc25bada6

Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 12 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just going to see what complete cars are available, 2.0 SRi from what 2000-2003?

Need to check there are no hidden little alterations which would cause problems deciding what to buy.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 12 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure that's enough to go to the ECU Rob?
tobyc20xe

8th Nov 12 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks rob but that the bottom starter and chager loom....i need the top engine loom.
Rob E

8th Nov 12 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think the first one is, but its always worth emailing the sellers to see if they have the other bits.

I paid 99p for a complete climatronic fan system for my golf and emailed the seller out of curiosity about a couple of other bits that he threw in for free
tobyc20xe

8th Nov 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
I dont think the first one is, but its always worth emailing the sellers to see if they have the other bits.

I paid 99p for a complete climatronic fan system for my golf and emailed the seller out of curiosity about a couple of other bits that he threw in for free

No joke i open every astra being broke for parts on ebay a few days ago,emailed all the sellers only to get a no from all of them
tobyc20xe

8th Nov 12 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Was just going to see what complete cars are available, 2.0 SRi from what 2000-2003?

Need to check there are no hidden little alterations which would cause problems deciding what to buy.

yeah sorry mate erm as far as i know it's around 99/2000 year mark. i have tryed to get the part number off the white tag on my loom but most of the numbers are rubbed off. am pritty sure it will be fine aslong as it's a XEV astra one??
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 12 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the budget?
Rob E

8th Nov 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you already have a loom by any chance mate?
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 12 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL, four Astra SRis in that date range, one is a 2.2, two are 1.8s and the only 2 litre is a Cat B meaning I can't buy it
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 12 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No was just thinking about getting a car for it, that'll pay for a bit of it and I've not as much work to do to square up on the rest of it that way. Not even sure what they go for but if a moon miles one came up the loom would still be OK, set of wheels, radio and the shell and you'd probably be home on that.
Rob E

8th Nov 12 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its quite rare to see an x20xev in an Astra. I barely saw any when I was a vauxhall spanner monkey!

What about the SRI/GSI turbo Astra G? Its based on the same engine so maybe you could adapt it from LET to XEV?
Rob E

8th Nov 12 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
No was just thinking about getting a car for it, that'll pay for a bit of it and I've not as much work to do to square up on the rest of it that way. Not even sure what they go for but if a moon miles one came up the loom would still be OK, set of wheels, radio and the shell and you'd probably be home on that.

Good plan I was thinking more along the lines of if the loom needs some repair work I may be able to help out. My work place has rows and rows of every type Bosch/Tyco connector under the sun and has already proved handy with some corroded and smashed plugs on my golf. I have access to the connector pins and everything
tobyc20xe

8th Nov 12 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its quite rare to see an x20xev in an Astra. I barely saw any when I was a vauxhall spanner monkey!

What about the SRI/GSI turbo Astra G? Its based on the same engine so maybe you could adapt it from LET to XEV?

nope can't be done mate...i tryed the Z LET loom and XEV loom are way off being the same
tobyc20xe

8th Nov 12 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
LOL, four Astra SRis in that date range, one is a 2.2, two are 1.8s and the only 2 litre is a Cat B meaning I can't buy it

no good lol any help finding one would be good Ian. I would pay good money for a mint one!
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 12 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scrap price is terrible which means the salvage stuff should be a bit cheaper as well, just a shame there's not much choice on it.
tobyc20xe

8th Nov 12 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Scrap price is terrible which means the salvage stuff should be a bit cheaper as well, just a shame there's not much choice on it.

I know,am running oit of idea's now as this really has stoped me geting the car running,i have a loom but it's fucked!
Jamie-C

8th Nov 12 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know a very good Vauxhall breaker over here in NI and I would say he would more than likely have it. Would cost me £20 on fuel to go to his yard though
Rob E

8th Nov 12 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats up with the loom? I may be able to help you repair the one you have
tobyc20xe

8th Nov 12 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
I know a very good Vauxhall breaker over here in NI and I would say he would more than likely have it. Would cost me £20 on fuel to go to his yard though

haha don't be a spanner mate ring him up on the morning for me? if he has one,you buy it off him then sell to me il give you £45 for it hows that?...u2u me!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » who want's to make £10?? UPDATE! 22 database queries in 0.0161710 seconds