corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aixam Coupe S, Car for 16yr olds

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Aixam Coupe S, Car for 16yr olds
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
23rd Nov 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Drive/New-car-aimed-at-teen-market-set-to-hit-the-road-16112012.htm

Heard about this today, thought i would share it.

30mph
3CorsaMeal

23rd Nov 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robin
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised it has 2 seats given that you can't carry a pillion passenger on a moped
Ben G

23rd Nov 12 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice.

at least these can't hustle there way to the front of traffic light traffic and do stupid wheelies.
3CorsaMeal

23rd Nov 12 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet some mental motorbike engine one would be fun, like DaveyLC buggy things
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

30mph That's not gonna be a pain in the arse to get stuck behind
Jambo

23rd Nov 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About as safe as a Moped tbh. There where tons in Paris, its like a Geewizz.

Plastic and frail
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats fucking stupid and dangerous, granted mopeds can only do 30mph but they are small and easily passable, most poeple will also expect these to accelerate like a car
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
thats fucking stupid and dangerous, granted mopeds can only do 30mph but they are small and easily passable, most poeple will also expect these to accelerate like a car

They can do more than 30mph for less than £100 and most people get an exhaust on them doubles the speed on a 50cc
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats all well and good but it dosent change the fact these things will be a pain
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

City's i see no problems. Rural areas with a lot of 60mph zones its a danger.

I do wonder how many of them will accidentally go on the motorway. But then would it be allowed...
Gary
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wont be allowed on motorway
big eck

23rd Nov 12 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a 16yr olds wet dream. I'd love to be 16 again and own one of them as a first car.

They won't be any harder to pass than a moped in 60 zones and you can't really do any more than 30 in town anyways so stop all the moaning lol.
nathy_87

23rd Nov 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/20454629
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
That's a 16yr olds wet dream. I'd love to be 16 again and own one of them as a first car.

They won't be any harder to pass than a moped in 60 zones and you can't really do any more than 30 in town anyways so stop all the moaning lol.

of course they will, if theres a stream of traffic the other way you can easily still get passed a moped, you will be stuck behind these...doing 30mph
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see a slight glitch in the theory. 16 year olds ride mopeds because they're cheap, a plastic car with a lawnmower engine that costs 10 grand is anything but cheap.
big eck

23rd Nov 12 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At £10k a pop Steve I imagine there won't be many on the road so you'll very rarely be held up. Jesus a lot of moaning for nothing lol. You saying you wouldn't have one if you were 16???
Anty
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would have one NOW !!!
LeeM

23rd Nov 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youd have to be stupid to spend £10k on one of those for your 16 year old kid when theyre gonna want a proper car 12 months later.
i dont see them taking off.
also, £2200 for moped insurance now? mine was £200 then about £90 renewal
_Allan_

23rd Nov 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mattant

23rd Nov 12 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£10,000 for the car and £2,200 for the insurance because they can't wait until they're 17 and get a real car
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by big eck

of course they will, if theres a stream of traffic the other way you can easily still get passed a moped, you will be stuck behind these...doing 30mph

Past.

You should be giving a moped as wide a berth as a car anyway, not just squeezing past so it shouldn't make any difference.
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not convicted its safer either, if you have an accident at 30 on a moped, you can jump off or dive out of the way, I really don't fancy your chances in a 30mph crash on a plastic box with no crash test regulations.
Russ

23rd Nov 12 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anybody who says this isnt as safe as a motorbike (or even a moped) needs to ride a motorbike (or even a moped)
random dav
Premium Member

23rd Nov 12 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rather have a moped

WRLFC !

Project cars

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Aixam Coupe S, Car for 16yr olds 23 database queries in 0.0165431 seconds