corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bailing out of Sky contract

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bailing out of Sky contract
Jamie-C

User status: Offline
26th Nov 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky our being utter cunts and are saying I can't cancel my contract with them even though I'm not getting the service I'm paying for?

Ever since I got sky installed I've been having trouble with the TV signal, so far they have sent 3 engineers out all have which said the problem is with the cable. My sky dish is located at the bottom of the garden as its the only place they could get a signal with the house being among a load of trees so the cable is going underneath the grass and then under the drive. Who ever originally installed the cable din't run it through conduit so I can only presume the concrete has eaten through it.

Sky won't authorise anyone to install a new cable and our landlord won't allow us to do it anyway as means digging half the garden up.

So if sky can't provide me with the service I'm paying for should I not be able to cancel my contract with them
John

26th Nov 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends who agreed to using the existing cable.

If that's not Sky's fault I can't see how they are liable.

Sky are shocking to deal with though so good luck.
Jamie-C

26th Nov 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah so that's where the problem is. It was the sky engineer who initially suggested to use the existing cable as he couldn't find a signal anywhere else on the land so we agreed to it as it was the only way we were going to get Sky TV. Can't believe I have to keep paying for a service I can't view though
John

26th Nov 12 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might as well try with them, if they aren't providing it's worth wasting a bit of time.
LeeM

26th Nov 12 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
Ah so that's where the problem is. It was the sky engineer who initially suggested to use the existing cable as he couldn't find a signal anywhere else on the land so we agreed to it as it was the only way we were going to get Sky TV. Can't believe I have to keep paying for a service I can't view though

if it was his suggestion, youre no engineer to disagree with him.
Jamie-C

26th Nov 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, could try and pull that one with them. When I was talking to them today though they weren't bothered about the cable or anything like that, they wanted to send out yet another engineer to investigate the problem even though 3 have already been out and all said the exact same thing.
pow
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them to send the last one and if he can't solve it, you want out
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Nov 12 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell them you are moving.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Bart

26th Nov 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Tell them you are moving.

They will only temporarily suspend the contract, a month or two at the most then carry on with the direct debits.

Best bet is speak with complaints department, explain the situation and your not happy.
JaffaTB

26th Nov 12 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just cancel the direct debit
fazza

26th Nov 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
just cancel the direct debit

that will solve fuck all
Hammer

26th Nov 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Poor Balling, is he moving to Virgin Media?
JaffaTB

26th Nov 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it'll stop them taking anymore money out for a service he can't get anyway
John

26th Nov 12 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, they'll just leave him alone after he's stopped the direct debit, won't chase the money.
N16K

26th Nov 12 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky need to provide you with a signal it is in the t&c's thats what they said when they fixed my mums one last january, she payed nothing! You might have to pay for call out service but they have to provide you with a signal. Also i am not sure if time as customer makes a difference to how you are treated, it could be?

[Edited on 26-11-2012 by N16K]
Jamie-C

26th Nov 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll try again tomorrow but all I'll get is another engineer, they will go away not being able to solve it as there not authorised to do so, I'll contact Sky and tell them the same story and they will send out another engineer. Swings and roundabouts.

Only way to solve it would be to get a new cable installed which is a pita on its own but tbh I just want out now. Its a fucking joke, been paying for 6 months now and been getting the same crappy service.
baza31

27th Nov 12 at 01:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky and virgin media are Cunts. Because they are such a big corporation they think they can do what they want. Both are as bad as each other. If you don't pay they push through a ccj and mount up debt and pass it to 3rd party's . Google getting out of sky contract . Virgin wanted 8 months , after that I printed out terms and conditions and I got out when they put the prices up as its in the contract but you have to do it in fourteen days otherwise it's deemed that you have accepted the adjustment of t&c . When I called got some Scottish bint who was adamant I couldn't cancel . I then got put in a 3 way conversation with her senior, I informed them that the conversation was recorded and then I proceeded to state how they breached the contract and in the end the manager cancelled it but I had to give 30 days but they had arranged a guy to collect both box's two days later . So I put both boxes in bath and pissed on them . As much as I liked having all the channels out of principle I will never use virgin again. I imagine sky being same
baza31

27th Nov 12 at 01:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie-C
I'll try again tomorrow but all I'll get is another engineer, they will go away not being able to solve it as there not authorised to do so, I'll contact Sky and tell them the same story and they will send out another engineer. Swings and roundabouts.

Only way to solve it would be to get a new cable installed which is a pita on its own but tbh I just want out now. Its a fucking joke, been paying for 6 months now and been getting the same crappy service.

The equipment belongs to sky, they need to provide a service to the box in your room . If they can't provide that why on earth are you paying . I would seriously consider trading standards
taylorboosh

27th Nov 12 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its 100% skys fault.

Its like your phone line. Anything up to the main socket is not your responsability.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Nov 12 at 12:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't stop paying them whatever you do. If you want to keep any sort of credit rating.

Sky and Virgin are right up there with your mortgage company or landlord to keep paying if it all goes to shit

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
John

27th Nov 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Its 100% skys fault.

Its like your phone line. Anything up to the main socket is not your responsability.

I would disagree. It sounds like a weird setup.

BT are different, and as you should know, proving to BT that a fault exists can be easier said than done.
taylorboosh

27th Nov 12 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes with internet maybe, an actual line fault will 90% of the time show with a simple test.

It is a weird set up but unless he signed a disclaimer to say he was aware of the signal issues but still wants it then its skys fault.

They should've point blank said no to him
Rob_Quads

27th Nov 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
The equipment belongs to sky, they need to provide a service to the box in your room . If they can't provide that why on earth are you paying . I would seriously consider trading standards

The equipment belongs to you with Sky. You buy the equipment (or get given) it when you subscribe. Very different to Virgin where you are renting it all and specifically don't own it.

They are still meant to provide you with a signal. next time you ring up ask to be put through to the manager as you have already been through the cycle and get them to agree that if they fail again to provide the signal they will cancel your contract. Made a note of dates you ring etc as you could then claim back money from the first time you have notified them of the lack of signal i.e. they fail to provide the agreed service.
BYRON

27th Nov 12 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bailed on virgin media last month as they couldnt provide a reliable broadband figure as they comitted to.
They advised me to complain 4 times and get an engineer out 4 times before they would entertain cancelling both BB and TV. Last week they sent a pre-paid box for me to put all the boxes and router into. Job done.
We may have also bad mouthed them on twitter which seeemed to progress things quickly..
stuartmitchell

27th Nov 12 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky are complete dicks! basically a bunch of Dick Turpins sitting in big call centes.

Give me your email add mate and I can send you the stuff I got from trading
standards.

They quoted me £15.12 per month by accident (I have it in writing) which I accepted and then started billing me £25 per month so I've kicked off

last email was along the line of:

Hi Audrey,

You leave me no choice but to escalate this to the ASA and Office of Fair Trading. I had been warned that Sky were notorious for this but gave you the benefit of the doubt. How wrong I was?.the level of service is simply shocking! If I behaved in such a manner in my place of employment I would rightly be sacked!

If you walked into a shop to buy a pair of shoes that were listed as £20 only to be told they were £40 when you went to pay I?m pretty sure you would be miffed too and demand the original price was honoured.

Rest assured this is going to reflect extremely badly on Sky by the time I?m finished.

Your employers should hang there heads in shame!

Regards

Stuart

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Bailing out of Sky contract 23 database queries in 0.0177259 seconds