corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Facebook changes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Facebook changes
Mertin

User status: Offline
28th Nov 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone else noticed that alot of pages have now turned to groups? Went to go into a group Inuse regularly and couldnt get it as on the app the section where groups was is now full of things that were previously pages. Why the need for a change? Just means iv to go clear out all the shite.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Nov 12 at 09:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Annoys me, along with user profiles which are made to look like groups or businesses being more visible that the stuff which is structured properly. The CS page struggles to get statuses out to the news feeds but there are users for Mr Club first name Vauxhall which are all over it. It almost incentivises doing it wrong.
Whittie

28th Nov 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I originally had my business page set up as a "Friend Profile"

I've recently changed it into a page and the 3500 "friends" has turned into 3000 page likes.

Reason you've had this is because Facebook contacted everybody like myself who was using it as a profile, asking if they'd like to be turned into a page or group, before 12 December, otherwise it would be deleted.
ed

28th Nov 12 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It annoys me when people use profiles for pages - makes you look like a n00b. It wouldn't bother me so much, it's just that my employer uses a person profile as a page
Mertin

28th Nov 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know if anyone elses news feed / friends are the same but I get alot of "Joe Bloggs is now friends with Lauras Hair and Nails" etc. Every female seems to have a profile set up for hair and nails.

If a page posts an update does it show up in everyones news feeds? I see a few people advertising now saying that facebook dont show their updates to everyone and want owners of pages to now pay, or if people select the page as an interest they can continue to see updates

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Facebook changes 22 database queries in 0.0126669 seconds