corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Flame Red B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flame Red B
MightyNexx

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 12 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, thought I would start up a project thread in the correct section as im used to the site a bit more now. Well I bought the B off of a friend who owned the car for a good few years, I know what's been done and whats not been done to the car which is always a bonus. Heres how I bought the car...

Got the car home and gave it a wash,

First of all I painted the parcel shelf and fitted a punto wiper,

Then test fitted some 16" oz super t's

Decided that the rear looked a tad too high with the lower profile tyres, so I removed the cups above the springs which dropped it a bit more,

Also painted the brakes and tow eye yellow to make the yellow (flying chips) sticker look less out of place

Wired in my sunvisors and fitted led reverse lights and painted the griffen white

Fitted some depo's

Tried giving the bay a tidy up, sprayed the engine cover, air box and air feed gloss black and the inlet and a few other parts red with brake caliper paint (looks quite good even over plastic)

Notice the strut brace (which is now removed as I found out its not for a sport/gsi) so I will be swapping a friend the strut brace for a gloss black bonnet while I get mines resprayed and smoothed

Few photos of the car...

In the new year I plan on having the super t's refurbed in white and fitted, give the car a good clean underneath and undersealed, get the engine a good service, replace the centre section of the exhaust, fit some front coilovers, and have the rear windows re-tinted, also hope to find some gsi skirts and have them fitted along with my gsi front bumper, morettes and eventually when money permits i'd like to have the car resprayed

Any comments welcome, good or bad, I like to hear peoples ideas

Cheers, William
ArdenblueDan

3rd Dec 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans sound amazing dude can't wait to see this unfold ill be keeping an eye on this
MightyNexx

3rd Dec 12 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks bud, Ive been spending money on part after part meaning its taking longer to get the parts painted etc, but after christmas is over and done with parts should hopefully start taking their place on the car
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd Dec 12 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good start mate

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
MightyNexx

11th Dec 12 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really had the weather to get anything done to the car, cleaned out the arches and undersealed them and the underside, spent today sanding down my gsi bumper and hopefully get it primed and painted tomorrow. Had a friend take a few photo's of the car the other day,
Seen someone do a photo like this a while back and thought it looked pretty cool so gave it a go..

Cheers
chrisr195

11th Dec 12 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice and clean shell
MightyNexx

11th Dec 12 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers bud, small rust scab on drivers door and o/s wing, spare wheel well had been repaired previously, other than that the shell is spotless, previous owner took the time to clean the underside and front end and painted it all so should be all good for the next few years
MightyNexx

11th Dec 12 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Primed

Fitted it without the fogs just now as I will be getting it resprayed when I have the money, more than likely get it done red but I like the black at the top so might try get that done and smooth the grille bit out, will hopefully get the bonnet smoothed in the middle too.

Cheers
Simon_16v

11th Dec 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would definitely look better red
MightyNexx

11th Dec 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted it red but had spare black paint lying lol, will be red in the new year
MightyNexx

14th Dec 12 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update, added my fogs to the gsi bumper and wired in some led fog light bulbs, just need to order some more led sidelights now,

Cheers

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Flame Red B 24 database queries in 0.0153649 seconds