corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » im out of ideas :\

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author im out of ideas :\
corsaben58

User status: Offline
3rd Dec 12 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok so ive got a c20xe corsa that ive just got back on the road after a few months, since its first started running its been constantly misfiring badly and has a big loss of power. I changed the coilpack (thinking this was the problem) however problem has stayed the same. We checked another coilpack to be sure and came up with the same problem and we have narrowed it down to number 1&4 not sparking from the coilpack we checked the plug for the coilpack and it seems to have little/no earth.

As i'm still learning in this trade and im no car sparky was wondering if anyone on here has any idea what the problem could be or maybe just the next step i should be taking tommorow at work?
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd Dec 12 at 18:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you know it has little/no earth from testing it?

Surely that is then your problem? So find where it should be earthed and earth it out?

unless I have read that wrong

My ecu created a Misfire and fuel starvation as it gave up the ghost but yours sounds wiring related

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
corsaben58

3rd Dec 12 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i know that theres an earthing problem im just wondering if anyone would have any idea to why lol :L
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd Dec 12 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it ran properly on the wiring as it is?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
corsaben58

3rd Dec 12 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah it has mate
Mattb

3rd Dec 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I doubt its an earthing issue if you are getting spark on cyls 2+3

iirc there are 4 pins on the coil pack - live, earth, activation for cyls 1+4, activation for cyls 2+3

Dont the standard coil pack managments still run an ignition amplifier? is this ok

What resistance are you seeing through the earth to the battery earth terminal? (with the engine running)
corsaben58

3rd Dec 12 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent checked the resistance ill check this tommorow at work and also i was told by a mechanic at work the car wouldnt run at all if the ignition amplifier was not working, could he be wrong then? if so what check should i do for this
Mattb

3rd Dec 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you havent checked the resistance?? then how have you checked the earth...

not true of the ignition amp - it has two outputs, and half can go down. Used to get similar issues on early vag 1.8T with a single cyl misire

If you have access to an oscilloscope you should scope the activation signals and make sure that they are the same as far as frequency, and amplitude go

[Edited on 03-12-2012 by Mattb]
corsaben58

4th Dec 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car seems to be earthing everywhere else but no current going to two of the pins on the coilpack but the 3rd is getting a positive current through it?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » im out of ideas :\ 23 database queries in 0.2156920 seconds