corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What adapter to use on exhaust?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What adapter to use on exhaust?
gazza_no7

User status: Offline
8th Dec 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello Just bought a Backbox which has a 2 inch diamater pipe and my center box has a diamater of 1.75 inch. I'm wondering what adapter I could use to make it fit right? Also it needs to not make the exhaust any longer than it already is...
Ste
Premium Member

14th Dec 12 at 04:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without trying too hard to state the obvious but a 1.75" to 2" adapter is what you need.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Dec 12 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its a new back box it should come with the addaptor. complain to seller if its new and get a free one. if not as ste said.
gazza_no7

15th Dec 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know that but the length of the connector would make the backbox stick out further than it should... It's not a new backbox... I have spoke to an exhaust shop on eBay so sorted now!
Jamie-C

16th Dec 12 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take an angle grinder to the pipe if it sticks out too far.
gazza_no7

16th Dec 12 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a plan
davegreen
Premium Member

16th Dec 12 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scorpian back boxes use an addaptor to fit to standard systems and dont stick out any futher. so what ever you have should be the same?
gazza_no7

16th Dec 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah right, well im getting an adapter made its 100mm in length, 1 end fits 2" ID and the other fits 1.75" OD. the 2" is just a solid part for the backbox to fit onto and the 1.75" has slits in to clamp onto the centre box. Looking at it i dont think that it will make it much longer if any. Thanks for the advice everyone! should be all sorted soon
davegreen
Premium Member

16th Dec 12 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clean your centre pipe up and slide the adaptor on as far as you can and it should be ok.

New Poll