corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorbike Day.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motorbike Day.
Tiger

User status: Offline
9th Dec 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few weeks back I bought myself a 2002 Yamaha YZ125, i'm trying to get back into Motocross.

I was having problems with the clutch, pull the lever and knock it into first and it just lurched and died. Anyway, I bought myself a new clutch kit and fitted that today with some new gear oil and it's all back and running sweet as a nut, I took it for a quick blast down the road (private obviously) and I was amazed how much beans it had! My last bike was an old early 80's DT250.

Bit more tidying up and it'll be sorted, need a new chain support, sprocket eventually, probably get new plastics and graphics at some point:

Hopefully pic works.

Loads of nearby MX and Enduro tracks for about £30 a day so i'll be heading out to those before long. Had to buy a load of new gear too, boots, armour, helmet and jersey / trousers and pads etc because I didnt really have any before and it would all have been to small for me now
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Dec 12 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With a decent set of graphics that will be nice. Not a massive fan of 2 strokes. Don't really like the power delivery. Love my 250 4 stroke though, more of an enduro man myself.
spencer88

9th Dec 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ditch it and buy a KTM 125

I had a KTM 125SX and it is just in another league compared to all other 125's.

My mate has an RM125 and it just can't keep up with the KTM.

But to get started on they are a decent enough, cheap bike.
Tiger

9th Dec 12 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what i've read, the 1996-2002 YZ125's are supposed to be up there with the best MX bikes made.

Its ratings compared to the average ratings are pretty good: http://www.bikez.com/bike/rating.php?idbike=19980
Tiger

9th Dec 12 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anyone wants to make any money, try and find this Yamaha Part #: 4XM-22128-00 and make a load, anodise them and sell them on ebay, yamaha want over £40 per item, and try and get hold of one at all!
spencer88

9th Dec 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try a hub for a Kawasaki 450 quad!

Pretty sure they were about £400!!!
Tiger

9th Dec 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A decent Hinson clutch basket alone for this YZ is £280, a full Rekluse clutch kit is £750

A Hinson clutch hub is £320

[Edited on 09-12-2012 by Tiger]
Mark B

9th Dec 12 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just sold my 2000 yz 125 last week best bike ive owned.keep an eye on the rear linkage bearings make sure the seals are ok if they start wearing there a cunt to get out

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorbike Day. 22 database queries in 0.0189221 seconds