corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oil Advise

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oil Advise
Andrew

User status: Offline
14th Dec 12 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm having to have a litre of oil put in every 2 - 3k

59 plate 1.6 Peugeot 308 Sport 120 VTI (23k on the clock). It's had 4 oil changes / services in that time.

I've never had to top up oil on any of my cars before even doing 20k between oil changes.

Had a look around the engine bay and under the car, i can't see any oil leaks. There's nothing on the street or drive way where i park when home.

Some people may remember me complaining about how much fuel this car was using. At the time i was getting around 35/36MPG which has since reduced to around 21MPG but so has my main driving route.

Car has plenty of warranty left with Peugeot and booked in on the 24/12.

I don't know an awful lot about cars apart from unbolting and bolting things on. What is likely to be the problem before i get fobbed off at Peugeot. To prove the car has problems, i have taken it in the last 3 times for them to top up the oil.

If i am honest, i don't want to throw more money at a car, this one has 23k on the clock and should be good for 70-80k before i need anything major done to it.
SXi_Tim

14th Dec 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the car is under warranty as you say then if there is a manufacturing fault with the car it will be covered under warranty, costing you nothing, so you won't have to throw money at it. Newer engines use more oil anyway, a litre every 2-3k isn't too bad compared to some I have seen.
Andrew

14th Dec 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interested to know peoples thoughts on this!

Is this normal and have i just been lucky in the past?

I drive Mum's 307 a fair bit since Dad passed away to keep it running. This is a 54 plate 307 2 litre HDI Diesel with 14k on the clock (serviced every year at Peugeot). Never needed oil. The Mrs 06 plate Astra with 92k on the clock. Never needs oil. Her old man gets this serviced by some dodgy mate of his (i actually don't think he does anything to the car)..
andy_mk3

14th Dec 12 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet if you look in the handbook it will say something along the lines of oil usage up to 1 litre per 1000 miles is acceptable, and will fob you off. I work with someone who used to work at Peugeot and was telling me about this kind of thing the other day.
AndyCorsaSport

14th Dec 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Variable valve timing? Will use oil. Got a 1.7 puma that uses oil, no leaks etc.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Oil Advise 22 database queries in 0.0047009 seconds