corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Springs on corsa V6

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Springs on corsa V6
iby

User status: Offline
8th Jan 13 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am converting a corsa b into a v6 3.0. A very heavy engine however and I have standard fitment bilstien big piston dampers. I need to know where I can get some springs for them to suit engine and dampers. Anyone have any info?
iby

8th Jan 13 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone?
Jed D

8th Jan 13 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eibach (spelling) maybe good enough... dont go low though. my V6 is only down 30mm and it looks LOW, not much room for the tyres so im going to cut some out the wings i think

you doing just a standard'ish 3l? what ecu etc...?

[Edited on 08-01-2013 by Jed D]
iby

8th Jan 13 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks It's a x30xe and head has been ported and polished, timing adjusted a few degrees (perfect), G-cams on both, x25xe ECU with vectra 2.5 inlet plenum as well. Atm 233.6 BHP with a roll out with plenty torque lol. Once The project if is finished I'm going to get tubular manifolds and and get a remap.

So eibach springs? I don't want it low tbh. I'm going to use ET30 offset alloys which are really wide so it would get the power to the floor nicely at the front.

Can I get any eibatch springs made for any corsa or shall I go for the diesel ones to put on or the 1.4/1.6 ones?
iby

8th Jan 13 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also what offset and spec tyres are you using?
Toby
Premium Member

8th Jan 13 at 17:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please do not use springs that are designed for a small block engine with a V6. Please look towards some that are specified for the correct poundage - coilsprings.co.uk should be able to help.
iby

8th Jan 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You're right, Thats what I'm worried about. I don't want to be buying something that will not be useful at all. I've spent enough money on the rest of the bits on this car, I'm not going to let her handle like a boat lol. I'll browse through that link now

Thank you.

EDIT: I've sent them an email to see if they can do anything about it.

[Edited on 08-01-2013 by iby]
Toby
Premium Member

8th Jan 13 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They should but if not there will be others that do. If you use eibachs or any off the shelf spring. Its going to be bouncy, bottom out and chew through shocks like they are going out of fashion.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

8th Jan 13 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's your budget?

I highly recommend the GAZ GHA kit. P1CK4D on here sells them and they can up rate the springs when building them.

They cost £460 IIRC.

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
iby

8th Jan 13 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no budget really. Just no crazy amounts for something small.

I've got some good news however, When Toby gave me that link, I emailed the guy and he replied back instantly saying he can custom make some for me! He asked to phone him up when engine is inside the car and everything done and he will ask me to measure up certain bits and then send me the springs. For £150 + Vat. I'm going to see if I can get him down but tbh, if he custom makes them for my car and weight I can't go wrong.

What do you think?
iby

8th Jan 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Darryl, another thing buddy, is that these bilstien dampers are really good so it would be a waste to not use them tbh.

If I had no suspension on it I would have gone for that setup honestly but I like these big piston dampers
Jed D

8th Jan 13 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the car just for road use...?
iby

8th Jan 13 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mainly for road tbh. Not going on any tracks soon. Will be a daily driver until I can get my xe done asap.
jaysc20xe

9th Jan 13 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use FK coilovers (not te cheap ones) on mine it feels really good. Nice and positive through the corners. I'd recommend them all day long
iby

9th Jan 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which engine is that with and what rated springs mate?
Jed D

9th Jan 13 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think his is a c25xe

do you mind me asking why you are using the vectra type inlets when they are more restrictive than the early calibra/cavelier type? also has it got an egr valve still? sorry off topic i know, just curious
iby

9th Jan 13 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No probs lol. I don't think it has a EGR valve. The vectra 2.5 V6 inlet system apparently produces 20lbs more toque! Plus it's running the x25xe ECU on a x30xe head and it runs sweet! It's all been configured by the guy who had it before me so I trust him to know his stuff which he does lol.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Springs on corsa V6 23 database queries in 0.0118179 seconds