corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe into 12v - who's done it?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe into 12v - who's done it?
Root

User status: Offline
18th Jan 13 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looking for advice on what specific parts will be needed to convert it, thanks
jay26

18th Jan 13 at 06:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh I did, what do you need to know?
Edges 58

18th Jan 13 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Engine, loom, gbox, shafts, mounts, bigger brakes, some coolant hoses and a spare weekend
Christopher

18th Jan 13 at 09:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at Madcorsakids project hes literally just done it
Liam-Wilko

18th Jan 13 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.c20xe.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=599370
Root

18th Jan 13 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edges 58
Engine, loom, gbox, shafts, mounts, bigger brakes, some coolant hoses and a spare weekend

What I meant was, what specific parts,

I know the engine & box, but what driveshafts, from a 1.6 gsi? what car should the brakes be off, what hoses? etc, cheers

Also prob need some bigger engine mounts, where do I get them? etc
And the extra loom, what do I get that from

[Edited on 18-01-2013 by Root]
Liam-Wilko

18th Jan 13 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.c20xe.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=507494

Check that link mate and also the other link i posted
BenC1985

18th Jan 13 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not meaning to sound horrible but you need to do a lot of research if you want to do this conversion. Doesent sound to me you know alot about vauxhalls if you dont know where the brakes and mounts and stuff comes from. Who will be doing the work?
Lee_fr200

18th Jan 13 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speak to j100rsa he did his
iby

18th Jan 13 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is many guides out on the internet freely available. if you want U2U me your email and I will send you them. Its hard work for someone who has never or hardly touched the mechanics for cars but is easy when you have done it once or know exactly what you need to do.

Most get 2.0 brake discs from like a Astra GTE or cav 2.0
SUspension - most important yet neglected subject. Get it done properly and its vital to spend a decent amount on a good setup. the loom is the same from the donor car/engine, you just have to connect the wires up properly and to whatever he guides insist for instance green for rev counter so it's a colour for colour situation but some wires aren't and a bit of headache is involved trying to figure out what is what.

The mounts can be bought from griffin motorsport and many people sell them all the time depending on which "type" your shell is. either a 1 or a 2.

And shafts, there is a few ways of setting these up depending on which model you have but most people buy conversion hubs and conversion shafts or equal length ones etc.

Not to mention the exhaust setup where you either have to custom make one or buy one that has already been converted to fit the floor pan of the corsa.

If you don't know much then I suggest really look into it and explore each component and figure out/plan ahead/read up on common problems before you decide to do it and it will prove costly once started.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » c20xe into 12v - who's done it? 22 database queries in 0.0088360 seconds