corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » public transport in the snow

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author public transport in the snow
edd1.0

User status: Offline
20th Jan 13 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello , i need to go back home tomorrow , Birmingham to Kettering , i need to get a train , the problem is i have an exam in Birmingham on Thursday , would they ever shut a railway line down because of snow ? or can delays just be expected? , i just don't want to be stranded in Kettering , although i will be coming back on Wednesday to allow plenty of time

Thanks
Gaz

20th Jan 13 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, trains have been known to not run because of frozen points etc. you need to look closely at the weather forecasting and then try and see what you chosen line is like a few days before
Graham88

21st Jan 13 at 03:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Expect delays. Should be running ok though I know the Underground are running sleet trains all through tonight as our work ended early so I'd imagine Network Rail is the same.
AlunJ

21st Jan 13 at 06:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the most part where I work most of our stuff has run at some point in the day, we've had some lines with suspended service for a few hours due to things like frozen points and fallen trees etc blah blah but once network rail have cleared these things it's all run as normal. In past years the only thing that's stopped them in my experience was train crew shortages but my company actually go out in 4x4's to pick up the drivers etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » public transport in the snow 22 database queries in 0.0115249 seconds