corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa b non starting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b non starting
rusty998

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 13 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, this is my first post on here, i need some help with my 1997 1.2 8v i think it is the x12sz, the problem i have is once the car has warmed up it wont turn over if i turn the engine off, it never cuts out when it's hot or cold and starts and runs perfect,
when you turn the key the engine management light stays on and does not flash but the engine wont turn over, i have pushed the car with the ignition on and been able to bump start it that way, it's not the best way to start the car
cheers
Rusty
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Jan 13 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say your starter motor is knacked, might be the heat from the engine stopping it from working. My old RS turbo used to do the same, but the starter sits under the downpipe on them.
daine
Premium Member

23rd Jan 13 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had same problem with me track Corsa mate, changed starter motor, start's every time now

New Poll