corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Business People, BNI

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Business People, BNI
mattk

User status: Offline
27th Jan 13 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to a BNI meeting on tuesday morning, I know roughly what it is but... what exactly is it?

How the frig does it work? anyone on here a member of a chapter or know anyone that is?
luciaadr

27th Jan 13 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sort of a roundtable weekly gathering of various trades, small plumbers, builders, IT, accountants, whatever.

Each trade is represented once. If the group need say, a new plumber, they may invite a couple to be new members, who speak for 5-10 minutes and they pick one.

Idea is that if you need IT, accounts, builders, you use the group members. If you are asked if you know any, you refer the group members. They do the same for you, and everybody is supposed to benefit

RichR
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum was a member and chair for years but the only thing that seemed to come of it was a new dentist and a joiner who made their kitchen. Not sure it worked out that well in the long term
Toby
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I member of two chapters, all about business referrals. My one and only piece of advice is be specific i.e. in your circumstance ask people this week to look out for people needing new bathrooms fitting, next week, cooker fittings, week after boiler services.

If people have a specific goal to look for your business the chances are you they will put more work in and you pitch will stick in their mind. Tradesmen usually do well out of it but what you do find in some chapters is there are a lot of professionals from larger local comapnies looking to get out of the office and socialize so bear that in mind and its not going to be an overnight success.
Toby
Premium Member

27th Jan 13 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and they are also very strict if you cant attend.
Andrew

27th Jan 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which one are you going to Matt? I keep getting invited to one on the Wirral. I've just been too busy to go if i'm honest.
fazza

27th Jan 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to attend one in Torquay and nothing really used to come of it and was also boring as fuck

I wouldn't pay the yearly fees for my own company as I d t think I would get near the level of business

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Business People, BNI 22 database queries in 0.0117562 seconds