corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gsi side skirts opinions please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gsi side skirts opinions please
16xe_chris

User status: Offline
28th Jan 13 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to be moulding these skirts along with the bumpers arches etc shortly and I was wondering if people would prefer them in 2 piece originals or as a 1 piece set?

With the 1 piece I could keep the joining lines to make them look original?

I was also thinking along the same lines with the jacking covers but leaving a gap underneath just incase you do need to jack your car up on the sill?

I will be moulding the covers seperate as well to add to the parts list

Just after a few of your thoughts really
possy

28th Jan 13 at 00:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say do them one peice with the lines and front bumper will be prity good
16xe_chris

28th Jan 13 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's kind of what my thoughts were tbh matey ;-)
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th Jan 13 at 08:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 piece so people dont rip others off by saying they are originals when they sell them on at a later date
Christopher

28th Jan 13 at 08:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing I've said is one piece fibreglass ones can already be purchased but if people can they tend to get original simply because I think they look better! Sticking to the two piece idea Chris
daine
Premium Member

28th Jan 13 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One piece would be a lot better Chris, lost mine twice with deep puddles! and don't put
jacking covers on them, had a set nicked whilst it was on trailer at motorway services.
Christopher

28th Jan 13 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daine
One piece would be a lot better Chris, lost mine twice with deep puddles! and don't put
jacking covers on them, had a set nicked whilst it was on trailer at motorway services.

Totally agree bud! but fibreglass one piece ones can already be brought! Why wouldnt everyone be buying them?
16xe_chris

28th Jan 13 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
quote:

Totally agree bud! but fibreglass one piece ones can already be brought! Why wouldnt everyone be buying them?

Where can these be bought from matey?

Just done a quick search and nothing much has turned up, just a couple of dodgy looking sites

Christopher

28th Jan 13 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 16xe_chris
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
quote:

Where can these be bought from matey?

Just done a quick search and nothing much has turned up, just a couple of dodgy looking sites

Not 100% sure bud but theres a few about! If people prefer the one piece make them up one piece!
Christopher

28th Jan 13 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are these ones - http://www.lambodoorkits.co.uk/vauxhall-corsa-sideskirts-p-21787.html?osCsid=36dbc78794b515b3887a894674fe0f58

Used to be loads on ebay?!
Sean

28th Jan 13 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=140703581581

The quality looks shit, that's what made me go for a genuine set, They're really thin to..
possy

28th Jan 13 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get them made from best carbon lad and how are prices looking on front bumpers lol txt me a price list lol
16xe_chris

28th Jan 13 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris that website made lol quite a lot, pinched a quote which is dribble ...

All Fibreglass parts are made from over 4 layers of Fibreglass and they are machine tested for any imperfections. Over 95% of our Fiberglass parts are a direct fit but some may need modifications.

Sean, they look dredfull!! mine will look like geniune items

Hi Possy, i'll give you a txt as soon as i have measured them up to get some rough workings in carbon fibre.
Christopher

28th Jan 13 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youd be suprised how many cars that crop up with them on However i know your fitment would be spot on and look miles better than those! I just cant help but think in one piece they dont look as gm as the original ones! It looks like its just me but i guess we all have our preferences!
possy

30th Jan 13 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one luv

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gsi side skirts opinions please 22 database queries in 0.0140100 seconds