corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Holiday in Egypt..

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Holiday in Egypt..
harrybanks

User status: Offline
29th Jan 13 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and the mrs are off to Egypt in a couple of weeks, staying all inclusive but just wondering how much spending money to take on top, we don't plan on doing much outside of the resort

Was thinking about £100 each and could get more out when we are over there!

Is that too much or too little? Anyone been and any pointers?

Cheers
John

29th Jan 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try not to get killed/stuck there when it all collapses.
Ben J

29th Jan 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take a cork each.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£100 is more than enough.
Just make sure you drink bottled water and have no ice in drinks etc.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
harrybanks

29th Jan 13 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knew the first comment would go something like that! Yeah would drink bottled water etc anyway ! Is it cheap to buy stuff out there? Alcohol etc?
Primey86

29th Jan 13 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where are you staying, and how much has it cost you? Me & the Mrs are looking for an holiday in egypt for the 6 weeks holidays, but having trouble finding 1 cheap enough.
harrybanks

29th Jan 13 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sharm el sheikh and just over 1k for both of us 5 star all inclusive including transfers etc, will probably be a lot more expensive at that time, we booked ours at the local travel agents but there is a few good deals online
j10E W

29th Jan 13 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd take more than that
Don't you want to do any excursions?
Gary
Premium Member

29th Jan 13 at 23:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take what you like the cunts will only wanna shoot you anyeay
Ben J

30th Jan 13 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know of about 8 people who have been to Egypt and every one of them has ended up with the shits in a bad way.

Obv make sure you don't go near the water/salads etc.etc.

[Edited on 30-01-2013 by Ben J]
Tiger

30th Jan 13 at 07:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a strong stomach and ended up shatting through the eye of a needle when I was there. Nice place though for d holiday. Good swimming, snorkelling etc. I went to the Albatros Moderna.

[Edited on 30-01-2013 by Tiger]
Seany

30th Jan 13 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would take a few hundred just in case. You will however end up with the sharmel shits.
Andy Stocker

30th Jan 13 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First time we went I ended up with the squirts and couldn't leave the room for a day as I had to be close to the toilet plus side was there was always films on the tv.
Last year I stuck to only drinking bottled water, this included brushing my teeth with it also, didn't have a dodgy stomach once, even though the hotel only rinsed glasses out with tap water
I'd say £100-£150 will be fine. We stayed in Sharm, and it depends whether your hotel runs a free shuttle to the 'nightspots' like Soho Square or Naama Bay.
Premium brand spirits can be expensive as they are hit with a massive tax so if you're in Naama Bay, for example, go to the Hard Rock Cafe or Little Buddha on a night where it's all you can drink as you'll be served the premium brands and not the crap they give you in the hotels.
Naama Bay can be quite intense on the hard sale in your face every 2 metres, but Soho Square they leave you alone and just let you browse without troubling you
pow
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am never going to Egypt... why would you go somewhere on holiday where you are 90% bound to get the shits?
SimonTW

30th Jan 13 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of mentioning of the water giving people the shits. Its also alot down to handling the money and then not cleaning your hands. The money is the dirtiest germ ridden stuff in Egypt.

My Dad retired out there about 12 years ago (Hurghada) for the diving. I got bad stomach the first time I went out there but then not had it since.

It's a really nice place in general. Prices are generally same as you would pay in any resort (normal uk prices) I found.
harrybanks

30th Jan 13 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah we are staying at the albatros moderna too, what's it like? Seems ok from pics and reviews I've seen! Also heard about the money being dirty, we've got hand gel stuff to take that ill get the mrs to keep in her bag wherever we go!

Hopefully wont get the sharmel shits if I drink bottled water and watch what I eat, should be ok
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never got the shuts but won't be going back! Sharm El Shite!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
djgritt
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My experience of Egypt is that it is a fucking shithole. I've been twice now with work and have decided that I will NEVER pay my own money to ever go there.

I always wanted to go there when I was younger too, now I wish I never have to go again.
harrybanks

30th Jan 13 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha you're making me so excited! I've always wanted to go but may have the same views when I get back, we shall see!
belton

30th Jan 13 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went last year and it was very nice, the good thing about the shits is it makes brilliant small talk with the other Brits when sat around the pool. I was there for two week, didn't get the shits as much but more just really bad cramps? I wouldn't bother getting tablets for your stomach here in the UK just get the ones they provide out there as you will be sorted in a couple of hours, can't for the life of me remember what it's called but you can google it.
For me, the disappointing thing was the 5* we stayed at was not 5*, their ratings system is very different to the normal rating system we would be used to over here.
I would defo take more than £100 because the prices out there are similar to UK prices and you won't want to eat in your hotel every night, mainly because the food is very different out there and something like apple pie wil NOT be the apple pie you expect. Oh yeah also take pounds out there, most places rather took pounds because of the exchange rate for them
Ben G

30th Jan 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I am never going to Egypt... why would you go somewhere on holiday where you are 90% bound to get the shits?

i had the shits for 1 day, the morning after eating a mcdonalds out there.

the missus had it bad.

just need to be careful what you eat/drink and always wash your hands.

with regards to spending money, we took out 1000 egyptian pounds and some english money. you get a better exchange rate out there if you use english money (1-10), we only got 1-8.75 here.
baza31

30th Jan 13 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought Egypt was shite. I also stayed in a 5 star ,load of lies. They are out to rip you off . Horrible people. Resort is ok-ish . To be honest it should be twinned with Bradford . That's why it's 500 for a week or two all inclusive. Apart from all them reasons its fucking great
pow
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's like Turkey, both 3rd world shitholes.
jbguitarking

30th Jan 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your Mrs is blonde then you better keep her close, they'll do/give you anything to get her.
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jan 13 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Company I work at only sent out a warning this afternoon saying travel restrictions for staff to Egypt "Whilst any unrest is anticipated to be reasonably localised and containable by the authorities, the situation remains tense and unpredictable"

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Holiday in Egypt.. 23 database queries in 0.0191951 seconds