corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Wordpress templates

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wordpress templates
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Feb 13 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any one got a collection of them?
noshua

4th Feb 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any in particular you're after?
Sam
Premium Member

4th Feb 13 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually buy some from ThemeForest and then spend hours fixing coding fuck ups that the developer couldn't be bothered to address.
Gary
Premium Member

4th Feb 13 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to be loads on Warez-bb
Whittie

5th Feb 13 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a fair chunk of the themeforest ones, any in particular you need?
AdZ9

5th Feb 13 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I usually buy some from ThemeForest and then spend hours fixing coding fuck ups that the developer couldn't be bothered to address.

Why don't you just make your own then? It's easier
Sam
Premium Member

5th Feb 13 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really - time consuming as not only would I need to sort the coding out but either I or someone else would need to do the graphic design elements of the theme.

I keep pestering my other half about doing the design side of things as that's more her thing but she has too much on these days.
Whittie

5th Feb 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ As above, its a lot of time. I'd rather find something that looks like what they're after and modify it, unless thay want something bespoke.
AdZ9

5th Feb 13 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I guess I can see your point, do you guys do it as a hobby on the side for small cash?

I don't find it a lot of time as I do it day in day out (design/build/develop - sites and wordpress sites/themes) so I can turn them around in a couple of days.

Just working on one now, we had the design approved yesterday and I've already built and made it into a wordpress theme with the different templates. I'm just going through now adding custom parts that they require.

Once you get used to it they get quicker and quicker, most sites have the same requirements so we re-use the same function files etc.

I did look at doing a theme and selling on Themeforest, then I found out they take 50% at first, and they also only 10% of entries get accepted, and it's not done on good coding/design either. It's whether the judge likes it or not haha
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

5th Feb 13 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided to buy a couple instead the client will be punting the cost anyway.
AdZ9

6th Feb 13 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just don't buy the usual ones that everyone buys, they're easily noticeable!

U-Design / Striking / Karma are just a few that are easily recognisable.

[Edited on 06-02-2013 by AdZ9]
Whittie

6th Feb 13 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AdZ9
Just don't buy the usual ones that everyone buys, they're easily noticeable!

U-Design / Striking / Karma are just a few that are easily recognisable.

[Edited on 06-02-2013 by AdZ9]

They may be noticeable, but only to the like of the people in this thread, who actively see them and use them, most clients wouldn't have a clue, I tell clients if I use themes anyway, you probably would too.

[Edited on 06-02-2013 by Whittie]
ed

6th Feb 13 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Themes
Daveskater
Premium Member

6th Feb 13 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to know that people here can code these things, because I accidentally broke the Twitter plugin on my site Keep forgetting to look at it. Might have to get in touch with someone if I can't make it work

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Balling
Premium Member

6th Feb 13 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't you just copy the code from the original files? Or do you not know which part you broke?

AdZ9

6th Feb 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
Good to know that people here can code these things, because I accidentally broke the Twitter plugin on my site Keep forgetting to look at it. Might have to get in touch with someone if I can't make it work

I bet that's from when Twitter changed their API, you might need to change plugin, or update the plugin you use yourself. We had it on one of our sites.
AdZ9

6th Feb 13 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
They may be noticeable, but only to the like of the people in this thread, who actively see them and use them, most clients wouldn't have a clue, I tell clients if I use themes anyway, you probably would too.

Yeah i suppose, I've only ever used one theme and that was for a close friend who couldn't afford a bespoke theme and I was too busy to do one for him.

We just had a client that originally wanted us to use a theme so we did, and we told them that down the line they would need a custom one as it wouldn't do what they wanted. Low and behold 3 months later they paid us to do a full bespoke theme that more suited their needs. I guess the theme did them ok for a few months but they had the sense to have a custom one eventually.
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Feb 13 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Couldn't you just copy the code from the original files? Or do you not know which part you broke?
A while ago I was trying to change the title of the widget on the page or something, but couldn't remember where the setting was so went in to editing the widget code However it may well be to do with the API as Adz said. I got the theme as part of a bundle deal so don't get any support from the dev

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll