corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a bump on Tuesday - advice needed

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had a bump on Tuesday - advice needed
boylers11

User status: Offline
7th Feb 13 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, I was leaving work on Tuesday this week, stuck in traffic to get off the car park site and BOOM, a woman drives into the back of me at about 15mph. My rear bumper flexed/creased and has cracked and scraped the bumper and paintwork.
She admitted it was her fault and as we work in the same place, I thought I'd do her a favour and let her pay for my repair with cash as opposed to her insurance.
I need about £150 worth of work doing on mine and have let her know, but she wanted to wait until she had a quote for her bumper, which was supposed to be today, but is now booked for tomorrow before deciding whether to use insurance or not.
I have a piece of paper with her details written (in her handwriting) and I took her reg. number.
I just rang her to see how her quote went today, so I could get the ball rolling with mine, which is when she said about going tomorrow instead and although I suggested using insurance, she said it was up to her whether to use it or not.
I've been on AskMID and have found out who her insurer is.
My question is, do I wait to hear from her tomorrow, or do I just go behind her back and phone her insurers first thing in the morning?

Any advice/comments are welcome
John

7th Feb 13 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait to hear from her tomorrow surely?
Matt L

7th Feb 13 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends how often do you see her in work? if you sit next to her then no not if you want an easy life in work.

however firstly tell her its not up to her if you go through insurance or not its yours you were the one that was hit.

however also bear in mind it will also affect your insurance for years to come if you do decide (although slight controversy in this if you dont inform your own insurer).

id wait and see what she says, to get it done outside of insurance would be much simpler however you pay out for the cover so might aswell get something back out of it.
Ben G

7th Feb 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait for her to come back.

There is no time period as such to inform the insurance company of an accident, they just say as soon as possible.

If you inform her insurance company then don't end up going through, realistically you'll need to declare the accident on your own policy in future, which will increase your premium.
boylers11

7th Feb 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...sorry, was just typing an update. She just texted asking me for a written quote for the work before contacting the insurer and that she found it highly inappropriate that I should ring her at 8:50 in the evening!!
Should I let her know I know who her insurer is to get her moving a bit faster?
Ben G

7th Feb 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell her you're doing her a favour and not to bother getting a quote as you're going to go through insurance.

ungrateful cunt she is.
Jay

7th Feb 13 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just inform the insurance if she's being a dick head about it, she crashes into you and calls the shots? Balls in your court she's got a cheek. Yours will go up too though.
boylers11

7th Feb 13 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads.
Will mine go up, even if I was rear-ended by her (so to speak)? Surely, it's hers that will go up?
Jay

7th Feb 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it will affect you too, even though itl go down as a none fault claim.
boylers11

7th Feb 13 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
depends how often do you see her in work? if you sit next to her then no not if you want an easy life in work.

however firstly tell her its not up to her if you go through insurance or not its yours you were the one that was hit.

however also bear in mind it will also affect your insurance for years to come if you do decide (although slight controversy in this if you dont inform your own insurer).

id wait and see what she says, to get it done outside of insurance would be much simpler however you pay out for the cover so might aswell get something back out of it.

Lol, we don't work in the same department, she's a medical secretary, I'm a clinical member of staff.

So are you saying that my insurance will go up too, even if we claim through hers?
Ben G

7th Feb 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes as you're insurance company will ask if you've had any accidents in the last so and so years, regardless of fault.

Theres been some debates on this recently on here, but it's in writing so theres no real way of bypassing it, other than not telling them.

I had 2 non fault accidents and my insurance went up approx 300 quid.

[Edited on 07-02-2013 by Ben G]
Andrew

7th Feb 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it will go down as a non fault claim.

Here is what i would do - give her a call in the morning and tell her if she does not have an answer that evening you are going through the insurance. You have given her time and she's being an arse about the situation.. She hit you and should not be calling the shots!

[Edited on 07-02-2013 by Andrew]
boylers11

7th Feb 13 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ cheers Ben and Andrew. It's a f*cking joke, some knob hits you and you get punished too!

The best bit has been winding my mum up, saying that I have a stiff neck every time she phones, just to wind her up (obviously I haven't got or will have whiplash and would never claim for it if I didn't have it (and probably wouldn't even if I did!!)) lol
Josh Ack
Premium Member

7th Feb 13 at 22:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as 8:50pm was out of order, i'd be calling at 5:30am, just to see if that was in check
Brett
Premium Member

7th Feb 13 at 23:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're gonna go with insurance, may as well develop a neck injury

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had a bump on Tuesday - advice needed 22 database queries in 0.0119729 seconds