corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Another fat k*nt looking for gym advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another fat k*nt looking for gym advice
JM Curdy

User status: Offline
8th Feb 13 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided as I'm approaching my 25th birthday on Monday and fast approaching 18stone it's time to properly do something about it so joined up to the local gym, was hard at it 3yrs ago but never ever sorted my diet or stopped drinking then so it was a waste of time , got to the point of going 5 times a week and getting nowhere, can't imagine my routine was doing me any benefit either, walk in 20minute bike 10minute row 10minute cross trainer then a 20min brisk walk, from there I went into the weights room and did a few bits in there, I've since heard that its best to do the weight work first and then go into CV work? So my question is... What's my approach to be going into this? I've stripped my diet right down and eating a lot better, and since the turn of the year have went from drinking 8 times a month to 1. Is there any supplements etc I should be taking? I got a bundle from MyProtein that includes vitamins omega 3 CLA and thermopure, does that sound right?
Russ

9th Feb 13 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi matey

If you're doing it to lose weight then just keep it simple. Cut carbs and fats out your diet try and stick to protein. Egg. Meat. Fish. Veg is ok although carb but potato is bad. Sweet potato and whole meal pasta is good for before workout energy.

As for workout you can just stick to a day each of push (chest shoulders tri's) pull (back bi abs) legs in the gym. Do htt as your cardio. Great on a rowing machine 1 minute steady (60-70%) 30 seconds mental all out rowing. Same on bike and treadmill etc.

As you get fitter you can increase the length of the all out. Supplement wise, fish oil and vitamins are a great place to start. Whey protein is also good for increasing protein intake and repairing yourself but wouldn't say essential for yourself. They're quite low in calories too. BUT. you can't live on them!
It will take you months to get the 5 stone off or so you need to shift. But remember that every rep every row and every time you go on the treadmill you are creeping oz by oz closer to losing a lb and lb and lb closer to losing a stone.

If you get demotivated google some arnie vids on YouTube he's a great motivational speaker.
JM Curdy

9th Feb 13 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was in this morning, warmed up for 7 on the elliptical , then did some bench pressing fly lat dumbbell work and pushed 190kg on the leg pushing up machine, from there I did a 20 minute bike on calorie burn 6 minute row on full level and then 20min brisk walk adding and removing a big incline every minute. Had a go in the sauna and steam room aswell, felt good. I wish I knew the names of all the equipment etc as it would be easier to describe
JM Curdy

9th Feb 13 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's my daily diet plan as it works out

Russ

9th Feb 13 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too many carbs imo.
taylorboosh

13th Feb 13 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supet noodles mate? Really
mantamark

17th Feb 13 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What app is that?
Russ

19th Feb 13 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My fitness pal
Jamie Walby

19th Feb 13 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When did you become so into gym stuff Russ?
Russ

19th Feb 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i got fed up of masturbating 8 times a day

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Another fat k*nt looking for gym advice 23 database queries in 0.0124249 seconds