corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Does this wiring look airbag related? (Audi A3 airbag light on)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Does this wiring look airbag related? (Audi A3 airbag light on)
*CorsaCal*

User status: Offline
11th Feb 13 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My brothers bought an audi A3 but the airbag light is on. I used a cheap diagnostic tester but it didnt find any faults (I think it only reads the engine ECU) I noticed there is no "bong" when you drive without a seat belt on. So i looked under the seat as i know the wiring here can be an issue in 3dr cars and i found the loom in convoluted plastic looked fine but the wires where hanging out of the seat:

My question is do these look airbag related or seat occupancy sensor related because the clear one looks like speaker wire to me??
alan t

11th Feb 13 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually airbag wiring will be in yellow plastic or have yellow tape about it.

that looks like speaker wire to me, also the cuts look pretty clean, looks like someone has probs just cut the wiring back after removing speakers
Brett
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 12:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above, doesn't look like the wires for airbag.

My A3 had the same problem.
*CorsaCal*

12th Feb 13 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the replies. Can you remember what caused the fault on urs brett?
Brett
Premium Member

12th Feb 13 at 14:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried the wires under the seat, which didn't turn off the light, even after resetting with Vagcom. In the end I put it down to a knackered control unit, which iirc is £100ish second hand. Never did fix it as it wasn't an MOT fail so wasn't assed.

New Poll