corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe misfire/splutter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe misfire/splutter
davidm

User status: Offline
13th Feb 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi. My c20xe corsa has a bad misfire. Ive changed the afm for known working one ive also changed the CTS. Ive checked the earths on fuelrail all 3 of them there all tight and clean. I noticed when revving it on the dizzy where king lead and #1 lead goes is glowing when its missing also.. With ligthts of you can see the spark arcing through all leads there arcin to themselfs and to rocker cover. Its like the coil is putting to much power through. Checked plugs also and tips of earth were white. The car when it splutters will do it but when it gets going its alright but feels like its holding back and has a slight miss when you just push throttle to the floor.
davidm

13th Feb 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also tried differnt leads and a another dizzy cap no difference. Is there an earth coming from coil or does it earth when bolted to chassis leg?
monkeytwizzel

13th Feb 13 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try a new set of leads and make sure they are in their spacers correctly first,it`s no good if the spark`s not reaching the end of the plug!
Change the spark plugs aswell if not done recently.
davidm

13th Feb 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like i said ive tried other leads but no difference got the new plugs today so will try them
Bprice91

13th Feb 13 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was spluttery when i first put the engine in but i serviced the car just oil and filter and iridium plugs and that sorted my problem bud
davidm

13th Feb 13 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye this is ubdrivable though
monkeytwizzel

13th Feb 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So the leads you have tried stopped the arcing problem but it still misfires?checked for any air leaks/split in pipe between afm and throttle body,did you swap the rotor arm when swapped caps?

New Poll