corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » losing fuel pressure with sard adjustable

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author losing fuel pressure with sard adjustable
Mr-SEH

User status: Offline
24th Feb 13 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello guys,
Right got a sard adjustable fuel regulator all on gauge is iffy I think its reading high all the time even though its gel :/ telling me its on 6kp or what ever is it before fitting car was flat at around 3rpm all way to 7 now its fitted, I get it to around 5 then flat and don't pull I've watched gauge as I took it to each rpm and when it gets to 5 drops a bar and under load I expect that to be a lot more! Any ideas?

[Edited on 24-02-2013 by Mr-SEH]
davegreen
Premium Member

24th Feb 13 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your fuel pressure should stay constant at around 4 bar depending on your level of tune on the engine. if it varying then either the regulator, gauge, filter or fuel pump is faulty.
Mr-SEH

24th Feb 13 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right got fse one on now and bogs a bit up to 3 then pulls hard to 5 then pulls much much harder more or less fuel?
davegreen
Premium Member

24th Feb 13 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you dont have access to any test equipement for setting it up try it at differant pressures. turn it up 0.1bar at a time and see where it feels best. then after driving it for a week or so at this setting check the plug colours to seeif its burning right. sounds like you have to much fuel if its low down where it bogs. whats the tune on the rest of the engine?
Mr-SEH

24th Feb 13 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I've got it on 2.5 bar at the moment mate going to leave it few days and check plugs, and what do you mean what's the tune on rest of engine?
davegreen
Premium Member

24th Feb 13 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what mods have been made? cams etc?

New Poll