corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Electrical Lighting Circuit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Electrical Lighting Circuit
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
28th Feb 13 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I appreciate this should probably be in home day but needed a fairly quick reply so posting in here, I have 1 light fitting on my landing up stairs which I want moving from over the landing to over the stairs (2 foot to the left of were it is now) now that isn't a big job obviously.

Can I though also have wired into that 2 spot lights from that 1 original out put? If so how would it work or how can I get some one to do this if it isn't as easy as this

I wont be doing it but before I book a slot for the guy to come round I want to make sure its even possible?
Gary
Premium Member

28th Feb 13 at 10:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes its possible. Get yourself on MyHammer etc to find yourself a cheap decent spark
SXI - Matt

28th Feb 13 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a friend who's work is going to do it but he said look into what you after then let me know and he'll send some one round. There are 3 light switches for this 1 light what splitter would I need to be able to connect the 2 spot lights to it ect?

I said I'd supply all the parts for him so he can just pop round fit it check it sign off ect ect

[Edited on 28-02-2013 by SXI - Matt]
Gary
Premium Member

28th Feb 13 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Difficult to say 100% without seeing how it's wired but he'll basically just take the live from the light that's already there to the spots
Welly Wanger

2nd Mar 13 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will need some 1.5mm twin and earth cable, get a 4 pole junction box. All he will do is tap off the existing fitting
Siberia

3rd Mar 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its simple... all you need is some extra wire and the light fittings you plan to use. the fittings themselves join the wires together.

if you want to turn the spots on independantly of the light thats already there, thne its small bit harder as you will need to change the switch to a double one and run a live wire from that to the spots.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Electrical Lighting Circuit 22 database queries in 0.0050340 seconds