corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe piston oil spreader/control ring

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe piston oil spreader/control ring
jay.jay

User status: Offline
28th Feb 13 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone know if you can buy just the oil control/spreader rings from somewhere? ive tried autovaux and euro car parts etc but neither have rang me back.
davegreen
Premium Member

28th Feb 13 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very unlikely you would be able to get just the oil control rings, why would you want to just change them and not the compression rings while the pistons are out?
1L Nick

28th Feb 13 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u have part numbers ? i can ring round a few places tomoz when am at the garage?
jay.jay

28th Feb 13 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cause I used pattern parts and when i took the vaux ones off the oil control ring had offset upper and lower rings where as the ones I put on was a solid ring around the gauze type section so the gaps between the upper and lower sections were above each other. My car is producing a lot of blue smoke and this is the only thing that's left to be wrong with it. The compression rings have bedded in I've done 2000 miles and the bores look fine. Ill try find the part number nick cheers pal
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

28th Feb 13 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you can't, looked for this before. Ring sets are about £25 per piston from Autovaux

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe piston oil spreader/control ring 22 database queries in 0.0095279 seconds