corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance for test driving a car.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author insurance for test driving a car.
Aerox-lad

User status: Offline
9th Mar 13 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I called admiral my insurer yesterday as I'm looking at cancelling my insurance at the end of the month due to wanting to get another car. I currently pay £118 a month on a 1.6 sport which is quite a lot seeing I'm 21. My 3 points expire on my insurance at the end of March as I got them on my moped in march 08.

anyways admiral told me they don't offer cover on other peoples cars unless one is over 25. Is there anyway I could get insured temporary to test a car. If it helps the car would be a Honda civic type r ep3. And likely to be a private sale. Thank you for any advice
Ben G

9th Mar 13 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

day insurance.

admiral do offer temporary insurance on other cars.
Aerox-lad

9th Mar 13 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently not unless your 25 pal. Would you get sent some sort of proof of insurance. As one would need to present proof for a test drive.
Ben G

9th Mar 13 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to ring up and add the car onto your existing policy.

the over 25 thing is to drive any other car TPF&T.

i know this as i did it a couple years back to drive my brothers corsa for a week. cost me £20 and i was 22 at the time.
Aerox-lad

9th Mar 13 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ok cheers pal. I just tried a day insurance company and they wanted £56 for a days insurance.
Toby
Premium Member

9th Mar 13 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did the same as Ben the other week as under 25.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » insurance for test driving a car. 22 database queries in 0.0092740 seconds