corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Silverstone F1

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Silverstone F1
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Mar 13 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The British GP happens to fall on my birthday this year and having never been, I feel it would be rude not to try and get tickets.

Has anyone been before and if so, where would you recommend the best viewing area is? I'm considering general admission tickets, but a part of me wants to fork out for a grandstand ticket, as at these prices it'll be a very infrequent trip, so want to make the most of it!

Mase
fred7

10th Mar 13 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

General admin can go where u want and if u get grandstand and theres a tall fat bloke in front of u u r fucked!!
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never done Silverstone, which is a crime in itself - but from what I've heard/read it's a lot like Spa in which the Grandstands actually offer less of an experience than General Admission does.

You'll need to get up early though, and get a sprint on to mark out a good patch of grass

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Cole

10th Mar 13 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem with general admin as if it's raining there is no where to watch the race away from the elements. I had tickets at copse corner in 2009 was sat right opposite brawns garage worst thing about that was we couldn't make out the tv screen so had no idea what was goingon round the rest of the track. The main straight opposite the pits this yr is already sold out. Are you planning on doing the weekend or just the day I wouldn't recommend just doing race day as its chaos. The weekend ticket is only a fraction more and if you get a few of you going you can split the camping up to 5ways.
Russ

10th Mar 13 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a couple of times (Ben G I met Seb Vet).

Sat at the turn at the end of the old bridge first time. Weather was glorious and was great fun.
Sat just passed finish line last time, was good bit weather was shit. If you can get seated on the last bend you get to see quite a bit if track.

Also make sure you hang about and go to the party.
djgritt
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 13:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing it this year - missus got me 2x full weekend Camping & General Admission tickets for Christmas...

She spoke with Silverstone when booking etc, and was told that this year they have opened up more track to General tickets.

Never done a Grand Prix, so really looking forward to it.
Dr Pepper

10th Mar 13 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its awesome ... You can scope it out on the Friday and pick your favourite place. Take a radio! Because imo none of the best places to watch from are close enough to a tv screen for you to know whats happening after the first few laps.

I was of the opinion you might as well watch it on tv rather than live .... that is completely wrong. Its incredible live and silverstone is one of the best tracks to go to. After you watch qualifying you realise why there are only a certain number of people in the world who can get in those cars ... its mindblowing

personally I love Becketts....but on the friday make sure the first thing you do is to watch them come around copse - its rediculous

[Edited on 10-03-2013 by Dr Pepper]
Mase
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking general tickets may well be the only way, as your paying £200+ for the lowest band of grandstand tickets, so I suspect you'll be up in the gods with those anyway... I wasn't planning on camping to be honest, but as you say the whole weekend tickets are hardly anymore, almost worth going the Friday for the day to scope it out and then the Sunday for the actual race!

Mase
Cole

10th Mar 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't get an allocated seat in the grandstand as you buy a seat in section of it so on the day it's first come first served in that section
Mase
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they've changed the ticketing arrangements this year, as it talks about allocated seats on the Silverstone website.

Mase
Cole

10th Mar 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right used to be just sections. I only going for Friday practice again this yr as I can't be arsed with the hassle of race day.
Mase
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it that mental on race day then?

Mase
Cole

10th Mar 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its mental everyday
Dr Pepper

10th Mar 13 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not THAT bad ..... as long as you just get into circuit early and set up camp in a spot lol. its easier in a group as you can take it in turns to go for a wander

My advice is just to take some warm stuff, get there very early sat and sunday and have a kip for a while. The friday is very chilled and a good day to wander around and see everything
Toby
Premium Member

10th Mar 13 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm doing it this year. Taking my old man, but in the same predicament, general admission or grandstand. I've sat in a few areas of the granstands from shows etc so have a good idea on areas o would look at and as last time I went it rain so hard I wouldnt want to sit in it again but not sure I can justify 300+ a ticket.
Cole

10th Mar 13 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper
its not THAT bad ..... as long as you just get into circuit early and set up camp in a spot lol. its easier in a group as you can take it in turns to go for a wander

My advice is just to take some warm stuff, get there very early sat and sunday and have a kip for a while. The friday is very chilled and a good day to wander around and see everything

So explain last year that was absolute chaos
Stu_22

11th Mar 13 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The weather, the reason I didn't go to Friday practice last year as it was always raining

Also the year will be the last to hear the the old school f1 engines before the switch to 1.6 turbo units
andys sxi
Premium Member

11th Mar 13 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and my girlfriends dad might be going this year, where is the best place to get tickets from, is it worth paying the extra to sit in a stand with a t.v?

April 08 feature car
Stu_22

11th Mar 13 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your going to the gp on Sunday you definitely need some way of keeping up to date text commentary/radio
Dr Pepper

11th Mar 13 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

So explain last year that was absolute chaos

I cant I didnt go lol .... may well have changed from 2 years ago and before then then because it was pretty chilled to be honest

what was so bad? Im going this year so it would be good to be prepared
Toby
Premium Member

11th Mar 13 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just booked village B band 4 tickets for 305 each. What the fuck is the car parking charge about, been to Silverstone about 10 times in last couple of years and not paid to park once!
Kerry

12th Mar 13 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Listen to silverstone radio over the weekend they run competitions for paddock entry, driver autograph sessions etc!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Silverstone F1 23 database queries in 0.0131011 seconds