corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Diesel + 2 stroke oil..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diesel + 2 stroke oil..
corsayoung

User status: Offline
13th Mar 13 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heard around the blocks that putting 2 or 3 caps of 2 stroke oil in with every 4-5 tanks helps clean the engine, injectors etc..

Now with my veccy being a high mileage machine, im thinking the injectors could probably do with a clean, anyone of you got any tips or your own remedies? Maybe i should try the two stroke method?

Also heard of a BG k44 is quite highly recommended?
Gary
Premium Member

13th Mar 13 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The landy guys swear by it for the 200/300TDi lumps, not tried it myself but supposed to quieten the engine down a bit too.
Fad

13th Mar 13 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been doing this for 4 months now on my E46 330d with 140k miles. I simply add 300ml per tank (63l tank) and do alternate tanks of V Power.

I found it quietens done the engine and has improved the running. Due to the mileage the injectors were a tad unbalanced and the car was quite smokey under load. Since started using the 2 stroke the injector values have improved and subsequently the car feels much better.

Basically fuel now days has no sulpher so what you are doing by adding the 2 stroke is adding it back in. I'd make sure you use a mineral based 2 stroke oil when you do this.

corsayoung

13th Mar 13 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Ive been doing this for 4 months now on my E46 330d with 140k miles. I simply add 300ml per tank (63l tank) and do alternate tanks of V Power.

I found it quietens done the engine and has improved the running. Due to the mileage the injectors were a tad unbalanced and the car was quite smokey under load. Since started using the 2 stroke the injector values have improved and subsequently the car feels much better.

Basically fuel now days has no sulpher so what you are doing by adding the 2 stroke is adding it back in. I'd make sure you use a mineral based 2 stroke oil when you do this.

Thanks for both your feedback. Certinly something i will be looking into doing! Where is the best place to get this from other then the norm halfords?
scottyp1989

13th Mar 13 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you not got anywhere near that sells lawnmowers etc?
All Torque

13th Mar 13 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I need to try this too, my car is very noisy and I think the injectors need a good clean out.
corsayoung

13th Mar 13 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to pick some up from a local parts and dia place (apd) if you have heard of them.

Will try it out and see what happens
Sunz

13th Mar 13 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Semi or Fully synthetic ?

There is some strawberry scented oil 2 stoke oil so wondering if I can make the dCi have a nice fragrance.
possy

13th Mar 13 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old disco 300tdi i ust to put the engine oil out the corsa in the tank of my disco it were ok and would run on anything

[Edited on 13-03-2013 by possy]
corsayoung

13th Mar 13 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sunz
Semi or Fully synthetic ?

There is some strawberry scented oil 2 stoke oil so wondering if I can make the dCi have a nice fragrance.

Was told to get mineral so whatever mineral is.
Bonney

13th Mar 13 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was that on wildor farm?
dannymccann

13th Mar 13 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this an every tank thing or once in a blue moon? Something I'd never heard of before but my astra has just ticked 110k so would be a nice if it actually works! Its the older 2.0 DTI not a cdti unit
corsayoung

13th Mar 13 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Is this an every tank thing or once in a blue moon? Something I'd never heard of before but my astra has just ticked 110k so would be a nice if it actually works! Its the older 2.0 DTI not a cdti unit

I think from what i gathered pretty much all diesel engines will benefit.. but hopefully that someone that has used this technique before will give us some more good feedback on what they felt and how it improved things if any.
corsayoung

13th Mar 13 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Know its american but...

http://www.dieselbombers.com/alternative-fuels-additives-fluids/953-2-stroke-oil-thread.html
possy

13th Mar 13 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
Was that on wildor farm?

if thats at me no rochdale
AlexW

13th Mar 13 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried this...

Both renault DCi's, one a brand new Trafic, Noticed no change, but hardly a suprise with something with 6k miles on the clock at the time of doing it!

Tried it in my Clio DCi, However, I did'nt notice much change, But, It was 2k miles after putting a new pump and injectors on it.

To sum it up, My testing was pointless as I had low miles vehicle/fuel system. I plan to try it again soon in the Clio now its done a fair few miles.

Remember to keep the dosage small, Its oil, and common rail diesels don't like thick oil, so keep it a small amount and on a full tank.
corsayoung

13th Mar 13 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great to hear your feedback on it no matter though. Im going to put some in tomorrow and come back with the findings after a day or two.. my car is on 130k so should be high enough and on orginal injectors etc.

As for the dosage, read a bit online since doing this thread and seems a lot of people go with the following working.

1 fl/oz of oil for every gallon of fuel, every 3 or 4 fill ups.

1 fl/oz = 29.0xxxml (roughly, say 30)
1 gallon = 3.7xxxlitres (i'l say with 4 for ease)

So on a 30 litre fuel stop.
30 Litres = 7.5gallons
7.5 x 30ml = 225ml of oil to put in?

[Edited on 13-03-2013 by corsayoung]
shaunmods
Premium Member

13th Mar 13 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this ok on common rail diesel engine then? My Combo 1.7 cdti is about to tick over to 148k. It does tick a bit when cold and belts out black smoke when you boot it so I might look into this

[Edited on 13-03-2013 by shaunmods]
Fad

13th Mar 13 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsayoung
quote:

I think from what i gathered pretty much all diesel engines will benefit.. but hopefully that someone that has used this technique before will give us some more good feedback on what they felt and how it improved things if any.

I put 300ml in every tank and t took about 3 fill ups to conclusively say there was a difference. Car now sounds quieter on start up and when using bmw diagnostic tool (INPA) cyclinder 5 injector was quite weak about 4 month ago. I took a reading a week ago and its improved, not quite up the same values as the other 5 but within 10%

It has benefited my car I gues due to the mileage etc but dont expect over night results if you already have a well running car. I would say for me the most notable chaneg is in running noise and the fact the car feels more responsive compared to before.

corsayoung

14th Mar 13 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by corsayoung
quote:

I put 300ml in every tank and t took about 3 fill ups to conclusively say there was a difference. Car now sounds quieter on start up and when using bmw diagnostic tool (INPA) cyclinder 5 injector was quite weak about 4 month ago. I took a reading a week ago and its improved, not quite up the same values as the other 5 but within 10%

It has benefited my car I gues due to the mileage etc but dont expect over night results if you already have a well running car. I would say for me the most notable chaneg is in running noise and the fact the car feels more responsive compared to before.

So it works for you quite well!

I bit the bullet and put some in yesterday with my fill up, will wait until the next time i fill up and that has gone for some definite proof
Bonney

14th Mar 13 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So this works on all diesels, not just the older ones.
corsayoung

14th Mar 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bonney
So this works on all diesels, not just the older ones.

I hope so...
davegreen
Premium Member

14th Mar 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive worked on diesel engines for over 25 years and never heard of such a bad idea as putting 2 stoke oil in with the fuel!!!!! especailly on common rail diesels. on old clunkers like land rover td's and tdi's it wouldnt be a problem but on more modern engines your wasting your money. theres fuel additives like red x that do a much better job for a faction of the cost. go in to your nearest agricultural tractor dealer to get some. theres even cleaners that you can use neat to clean injectors and fuel systems. also steer clear of bio diesels in cdti vauxhalls. they burn to dry. supermarket feuls are only cheep for a reason, they are shit!
AlexW

14th Mar 13 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you had worked in diesels for 25 years, you would know modern fuel is lacking sulpher, and this increases the wear rates in modern diesel pumps that run at pressures up to 1800bar (depending on vehicle, some are more), Cleaners just remove any coating the newer pumps come with, so that only aids the wear process.

Also if you knew anything about two stroke oil, You would know its thin as piss once diluted, which is what you're doing by adding 300ml to a full tank.

I've been working with diesels for years and know modern high pressure common rail diesels inside out.

An old mechanical injection diesel (Old landys, old Non-HDi Pug's/citroens and old VW's) will run on chip fat and even normal engine oil.
davegreen
Premium Member

15th Mar 13 at 06:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what im saying is buy better quality fuels, and if you do feel the need to clean injectors now and again use an additive made for the job.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Diesel + 2 stroke oil.. 22 database queries in 0.0139761 seconds