corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what are these 2 random boxes on my new corsa b they werent on my last 1

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author what are these 2 random boxes on my new corsa b they werent on my last 1
sparcost3

User status: Offline
19th Mar 13 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my new corsa b has this wierd black box by the rear light cluster and i have no idea what it is there wasnt 1 on my old corsa? does anyone know what it is ? and can i remove it asin just chop it out and tidy up the loom for my track car as im geting rid of all unnecesary crap.

also im planning to chop out the spare wheel well and plate over it but this corsa has a wierd metal box atatched to the bottom of it were as my old 1 didnt again what is this box ? is it needed and can i remove it all together or has it got to be relocated? cheers

3CorsaMeal

19th Mar 13 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think thats a central locking solenoid and the brake compensater valve.

Inb4robin.
andy_mk3

19th Mar 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1st one is the flux capacitor actuator
cpcrampton

19th Mar 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd pic is rear brake bias valve ... Ie if you have a bunch of folk in the back of your car this valve is compressed and it allows more braking effor to the rear drums. I bypassed mine as the rear wheels would lock up before the fronts under heavy braking. This was all down to the car being lowered .... Tricking the valve into thinking I had 3 fat fucks in the back.

[Edited on 19-03-2013 by cpcrampton]
sparcost3

19th Mar 13 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the hell is a flux capacitator actuator ? there definatley wasnt 1 on my last corsa? can i get rid? and im guess

hmm that bias valve seems odd.. wont ever be having fat chicks or any chicks atall in the back ever again haha so guessing there must be a way of cutting this out the circuit?
sparcost3

19th Mar 13 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this could be more of a ballache than i realised
cpcrampton

19th Mar 13 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not a ball ache. You can bypass the valve.

AlexW

19th Mar 13 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Removing the bias valve will cause the rear drums to lock way before the fronts do, If you do decide to bypass it, you need to compensate by fitting either bias reducers from a car without a height bias valve.
Or just remove the spring, and lock it at least pressure, since you won't be having much weight in the back.

The central locking motor is what locks/unlocks the fuel flap, If you're keeping central locking, keep it.
Buzz

19th Mar 13 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

first one is fuel cap locking motor
davieslim

20th Mar 13 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah first pics the motor for the locking on the fuel flap, the seconds the bias control, you can remove it and fit pressure regulator valves like the old corsas came with instead
AdamF
Premium Member

20th Mar 13 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worth noting that it is an MOT failure to remove the bias valve where it was fitted as standard.
sparcost3

20th Mar 13 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys think that's pretty much cleared it up
eckers90

20th Mar 13 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sparcost3
what the hell is a flux capacitator actuator ? there definatley wasnt 1 on my last corsa? can i get rid? and im guess

hmm that bias valve seems odd.. wont ever be having fat chicks or any chicks atall in the back ever again haha so guessing there must be a way of cutting this out the circuit?

Really dont know what a flux capacitor actuator is?
thats just basic mechanics!!!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » what are these 2 random boxes on my new corsa b they werent on my last 1 22 database queries in 0.0103252 seconds