corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Shocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FK Shocks
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Mar 13 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en/Suspension-Tuning/Sport-shock-absorbers/Shock-absorbers-separately/Sport-shock-absorbers-AKX-fit-for-Opel-Astra-G-T98-Limousine-and-Coupe-tuning.html

pretty sure im running standard shocks still with 90mm springs. so do you think the above will be better?

they are stated as either front right or rear left. but will they fit both side?

also will these drop links be ok for my astra coupe?

http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en/Suspension-Tuning/droplink-sway-bar/Koppelstangen-passend-fuer-Opel-Astra-G-alle.html
Ben G

20th Mar 13 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

without a doubt they'll be better than std shocks and 90mm springs!

i bought my fk springs from there, came from germany and took 3 days. great service from them, incase you were worried.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

20th Mar 13 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah not worried about that. I got my exhaust from there.

cheers
Norcy91

20th Mar 13 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

i bought my fk springs from there, came from germany and took 3 days. great service from them, incase you were worried.

What are your FK Springs like?

I'm wanting to lower my Cooper S, been told to avoid lowering springs like the plague on Mini Torque, but they aren't happy unless you spend atleast £600 on coilovers
Ben G

20th Mar 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they're not really any worse or better than standard springs in terms of ride quality (firm). can't moan for £26 they make a noticeable different in appearance though.
Norcy91

20th Mar 13 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i've been told a Cooper S on lowering springs is a harsher ride than coilovers I'm not too sure of how much to believe though! Springs for mine are £64, I should have kept the £120 FK coilovers I got from there!
Corsa_Sport21

20th Mar 13 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your Astra dosn't look like its anywhere near -90mm. I would say -60mm.

Also, are those shocks in the link shortened?? Standard Mk4 Astra shocks are VERY good imo. Ive fitted -60mm springs on a few sets of standard shocks and its unbelievable how good they cope with a such a big drop, they still keep the car comfy. If those FK shocks are shortened, then they might be better, and have a better lifespan, but they might be stiffer.

And yes they are sided for the ARB drop links.

Drop links, use standard Ford Focus 1s from Ebay etc. They bolt up fine, and are shortened. Probably what those 1s above are tbh, but dearer.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th Mar 13 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Norcy91
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G

What are your FK Springs like?

I'm wanting to lower my Cooper S, been told to avoid lowering springs like the plague on Mini Torque, but they aren't happy unless you spend atleast £600 on coilovers

I put a set of ebach (sp) pro street 60mm springs on a mini something or other, The horrible one with the doors that open to each side on the back, they were only a couple hundred for the set and they were realy realy nice. Good quality and the rid was quite nice afterwards aswell to be honest
Sorry to hijack the thread there

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » FK Shocks 22 database queries in 0.0120440 seconds