corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe turbo .. !?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe turbo .. !?
csifku

User status: Offline
6th Apr 13 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinkin of tiding up my engine and put turbo on it, sounds silly and most of u goin to say just to buy c20xe or c20let but im goin to try this ...

Is anyone know that x16xe got same head and block as Z16LET or im wrong ?

If yes is the exhaust manifold same fitment ?

WHat car i can gat pistons and rods from ?

If answer is no for above ..

WHat car i can get turbo from wiv manifold offcourse and what else i might need to do it ? Here might have similar threads about it but its goin to be clear for me if i ask and get answer on the questions i need as getting confused on the all info u tell to everybody else as i need a bit more explanation about stuff. If anyone could be bothered to help me i deff will find way to say thanks !!

THank you..
f.p.e

7th Apr 13 at 07:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without pissing on your bonfire, general thoughts will be if you have to ask then you can't do it.

But what sort of power are you looking to be running? Been a couple of threads past week or 2 about turbo'ing the engines. Cheapest way is 2headgaskets and decompression plate, I think someone said the zlet manifold/turbo fits but can't confirm it. As for rods and pistons, standard should handle 7/8psi which is generally seen as the limit when converting an n/a engine to turbo
csifku

7th Apr 13 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by f.p.e
Without pissing on your bonfire, general thoughts will be if you have to ask then you can't do it.

But what sort of power are you looking to be running? Been a couple of threads past week or 2 about turbo'ing the engines. Cheapest way is 2headgaskets and decompression plate, I think someone said the zlet manifold/turbo fits but can't confirm it. As for rods and pistons, standard should handle 7/8psi which is generally seen as the limit when converting an n/a engine to turbo

THank you mate, with risk to sound stupid but im not looking for POWER, i mean big power just a bit faster and thats all, . im not aiming 200 bhp lol , just fancy learning to do stuff too and do it on my own Is it true that x16xe pistond and rods can handle u to 190 bhp or is a lie ?
f.p.e

7th Apr 13 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mark broster from jamsport ran 188bhp from his tb'd 16xe few years ago, I know you have far more torque from a turbo setup, but don't see why wouldn't get near that power as will run less revs. In reality its worth giving it ago and either doing some development work to see what works or just building and run a few psi of boost to say you have a turbo'd motor. Otherwise it will cost a huge amount to go steel rods, forged low comp pistons, valvetrain parts etc, which then may aswel look at a z16let to buy or go 20xe/let imo.
csifku

7th Apr 13 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by f.p.e
Mark broster from jamsport ran 188bhp from his tb'd 16xe few years ago, I know you have far more torque from a turbo setup, but don't see why wouldn't get near that power as will run less revs. In reality its worth giving it ago and either doing some development work to see what works or just building and run a few psi of boost to say you have a turbo'd motor. Otherwise it will cost a huge amount to go steel rods, forged low comp pistons, valvetrain parts etc, which then may aswel look at a z16let to buy or go 20xe/let imo.

i wont go c20xe/let conversion , dont think there is point cos c20xe got 150 bhp, i got about 130 bhp now from 1.6 .. i can take it to 150 and then will be same power as c20xe .. i wanted to know what i need firs to start, obv manifold and turbo .. how much u think z16ler turbo could give me ? what is all this wiv 2x headgasket ??? is it not goin to leak or u stick them between wiv glue or silicone ?i just wanted to know can i use my x16xe rods and pistons or need a c16xe ones ? WHat power max they can handle (x16xe piston/rods ..)
davegreen
Premium Member

7th Apr 13 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dnot ake this the wrong way but wouldnt it be cheeper to just get a z16let/h engine complete stand alone ecu which you would needed anyway and mapping should see 180/200bhp and be very relieable.
turboing a n/a engine can get very expensive if you want relieability.
csifku

7th Apr 13 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
dnot ake this the wrong way but wouldnt it be cheeper to just get a z16let/h engine complete stand alone ecu which you would needed anyway and mapping should see 180/200bhp and be very relieable.
turboing a n/a engine can get very expensive if you want relieability.

but then i need to take whole dash out and change whole loom, dash clock and things, am i right !? i DOnt take it wrong.. im asking here for ideas/advices and im very grad that u tryin to give me advice. thank u.. also do u think gearbox is with same mounts as mine ? or do u think my gearbox will fit z16let, do u think my draftshaft will fit z16let gearbox if my gearbox wont fit that engine ? if they got same block they might have same almost every parts , ??

p.s. wait i minute u got z16let in ur car, dont u ? on ur avatar !?

[Edited on 07-04-2013 by csifku]

davegreen
Premium Member

7th Apr 13 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you go stand alone ecu the clocks etc can all be left alone, it would connect up where your origanal ecu wiring goes. as for the box not sure but probable an f18 or f20 box will fit. need to swap flywheel and clutch though. driveshafts would be like a 2L conversion to keep them strong enough for extra torque and hp. mines a x20xev on throttle bodies. i like the way they sound over a turbo.
csifku

7th Apr 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if you go stand alone ecu the clocks etc can all be left alone, it would connect up where your origanal ecu wiring goes. as for the box not sure but probable an f18 or f20 box will fit. need to swap flywheel and clutch though. driveshafts would be like a 2L conversion to keep them strong enough for extra torque and hp. mines a x20xev on throttle bodies. i like the way they sound over a turbo.

u mean z16let ECU got same plugs ? 1 red and 1 white plug , so i can swap them straight away ? How can i find oout if f18 or f20 gearbox will fit ?? clutch etc i know ... so x16xe and c20xe drive shaft r same , just c20xe r wtronger, i mean same long and same fitment just stronger !? i saw ur car on photo on that meeting .. i couldnt come unfortunetly :/

i just wondered if mounts on z16let will be same as mine x16xe, mean engine mounts ? any ideas ?

davegreen
Premium Member

7th Apr 13 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, you will have to cut your loom off where it plugs into the ecu to fit loom from new ecu.
mounts should be the same on engine block on z16 and x16.
csifku

7th Apr 13 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
no, you will have to cut your loom off where it plugs into the ecu to fit loom from new ecu.
mounts should be the same on engine block on z16 and x16.

so where and how to find wiring diagrams then ... its a thousand of cables that need to be relocated or connected :-/ do u have any idea ? how did u done urs then ? do u think z16let and x20xev got same ECU , i mean they look same and got same kind of plugs as corsa x16xe or astra mk3 or astra gte got same ECU, same plugs .. obv is diff inside for diff engine but plugs r the same .. !?
davegreen
Premium Member

7th Apr 13 at 23:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy a haynes manual for your car, the stand alone ecu will come with a wiring diagram.
wount be that many wires, was only 42 i think on the corsa c that ive put a z22se in to. think the stand alone dta s40pro ecu only has 8 wires to connect ecu to cars body/dash loom so very simple.
constant power
ignition power
earth
fuel pump trigger
fan trigger
tacho
shift/eml
temperture
csifku

8th Apr 13 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
buy a haynes manual for your car, the stand alone ecu will come with a wiring diagram.
wount be that many wires, was only 42 i think on the corsa c that ive put a z22se in to. think the stand alone dta s40pro ecu only has 8 wires to connect ecu to cars body/dash loom so very simple.
constant power
ignition power
earth
fuel pump trigger
fan trigger
tacho
shift/eml
temperture

so u mean i need to use this ?

so i cant use original z16let ECU then !? I got haynes manual for corsa b but dont think i have seen ECU wiring diagrams ://// I just havd a look on AutoData 3.18 but still nothing ...

SOmewher ei saw that i can use Meriva engine loom, If i put z16let in my corsa b wouldnt be that hard, everybody says that just wiring is the biggest problem ... do u think maybe most of my plugs would fit that z16let .. maybe not all of them but some of them as crankshaft sensor for example , so i might be able to use some of my plugs and cut others and connect new plugs from corsa d ?
davegreen
Premium Member

8th Apr 13 at 06:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dta was just an example, any stand alone will do.
you could use meriva z16let parts but as they are fly by wire you will also needed acelarator pedal.
so if you go stand alone you could stay with a cable throttle from a x16xe, makes it alot simpler to fit and wire up.
the z16leh engines are used in kit cars like westfields on stand alone ecu's so kits must be availble.
you need to speak to an engine builder/tunner realy for had facts of whats on the market. some one like Ashford motor sport in dover.
f.p.e

8th Apr 13 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too many questions being asked to make this a doable conversion tbh.

too lower compression cheapest way is 2 headgaskets and getting a think 1-1.5mm plate copied from a headgasket so it goes block - hg- decomp plate-hg-head.

then fuelling as been said, best method is standalone, you could bin all the original engine loom and have a loom made.......any roilling road could do it easy enough anyway.

x/c16xe rods and pistons are the same and to get a c16xe to 150bhp is alot dearer than just putting a bog standard 20xe in and you would have far more torque too.
csifku

8th Apr 13 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
dta was just an example, any stand alone will do.
you could use meriva z16let parts but as they are fly by wire you will also needed acelarator pedal.
so if you go stand alone you could stay with a cable throttle from a x16xe, makes it alot simpler to fit and wire up.
the z16leh engines are used in kit cars like westfields on stand alone ecu's so kits must be availble.
you need to speak to an engine builder/tunner realy for had facts of whats on the market. some one like Ashford motor sport in dover.

i think easiest thing for will be to manage z16let ... i got haynes and checked today in the morning, so i need wiring diagram for x16xe ENGINE MANAGEMENT ??

If is this then is all good but then i need to buy a HAYNES manual for corsa D z16let too, am i right ? ho much rafly cost mappable ECU ? Who can do it ? How much it cost ? YOu are very good guy, thanks for takin time of ur spare time to reply to me even when u see im new to all this and maybe ask a very stupid questions but thats how we all learn ..

f.p.e - i dont want c20xe or c20let or x20xev or x25xe or whetever, i want 1.6 engine in my car, why would i get c20xe and change all stuff when i can buy newer engine, spend same money and got it cheaper insurance and once again new engine, nto c20xe , bein rebuilt 500 times on millions miles .. no thanks ..
davegreen
Premium Member

9th Apr 13 at 05:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you change your engine, more power or larger cc the insurance will go up! 1.6 turbo or 2.0 n/a going to be same to insure as its classed as modified engine.
stand alone ecu/loom start at around £500 new and go up. you will struggle to fit any z16let/h/r ecu to a corsa b as these engines use canbus system which you dont have on corsa b's.
which ever way you do it its not going to be cheep if you do it right and make it reliable and safe. budget on at least £4k+ with buying engine, box, shafts, ecu, loom, mapping, hose, intercooler, ect.
be good to see if you do get it done though!
csifku

9th Apr 13 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
if you change your engine, more power or larger cc the insurance will go up! 1.6 turbo or 2.0 n/a going to be same to insure as its classed as modified engine.
stand alone ecu/loom start at around £500 new and go up. you will struggle to fit any z16let/h/r ecu to a corsa b as these engines use canbus system which you dont have on corsa b's.
which ever way you do it its not going to be cheep if you do it right and make it reliable and safe. budget on at least £4k+ with buying engine, box, shafts, ecu, loom, mapping, hose, intercooler, ect.
be good to see if you do get it done though!

well bud, i hardly give up on things so i deff goin to do something, also i got choise, i might be able to buy parts of my country so they can be much much cheaper i think _ i will let u know soon

New Poll