corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Water marks on seats

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Water marks on seats
Robin
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Apr 13 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you get rid?

The seats in the insignia are a state, by the looks of it they've had someone who had been in a river sitting on them and now it's being sold, I need to clean it up and make it look good.

What's the method of cleaning here?
shaunmods
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spray a fabric cleaner over the area, leave to sit for a minute or so to soak and agitate if needed. Then extract with warm water using a wet vac

[Edited on 10-04-2013 by shaunmods]
Robin
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to buy a wet vac?
Ben J

10th Apr 13 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. Try APC or fabric cleaner. Spray on, agitate with a brush then wipe over with damp cloth. Leave to dry. Check results.
Balling
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the same issue. Very light grey interior with a few spots. No idea what they are or how they got there.

Going to try this:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/interior/chemical-guys-fabric-clean/prod_342.html

Phil W

10th Apr 13 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
No. Try APC or fabric cleaner. Spray on, agitate with a brush then wipe over with damp cloth. Leave to dry. Check results.

APC, a nail brush, warm water and a dry Microfibre cloth works wonders for me
Brett
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or just take it to a polish valeters and pay them a tenner to do the interior properly?
Ben J

10th Apr 13 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Or just take it to a polish valeters and pay them a tenner to do the interior properly?

"Properly"???

[Edited on 10-04-2013 by Ben J]
Brett
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go on Ben, what do you mean?

Do most valeters not? I must be lucky to have a decent one where they do a good job for little money.

EDIT: You've done your edit thing One I got will do the seats properly in a fashion which is being discussed above, can't see the problem.

[Edited on 10-04-2013 by Brett]
Ben J

10th Apr 13 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll just cover the interior in silicon.

"Yes sir, very shiney, look, shiney, shiney interior, you like?"

Doubt they'd bother getting Robin's spunk stains out of his seats.

[Edited on 10-04-2013 by Ben J]
Brett
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OMG Ben

Like I said, I must be fortunate to know a decent place then, but if I asked for the seats shampoo'd I'd be a little shocked if they covered them with silicon

Ben J

10th Apr 13 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh I only take the wife's car to the local Kosovo wash and i've never got them to do the interior.
Robin
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 10:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I knew someone would work it out eventually

I don't know if our local Polacks will do anything other than hoover the floor mats and spray dash shine everywhere including the steering wheel

I could get it properly Valerie's but I'd rather do it myself so I can do it again if needs be.
Ben J

10th Apr 13 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I knew someone would work it out eventually

I don't know if our local Polacks will do anything other than hoover the floor mats and spray dash shine everywhere including the steering wheel

I could get it properly Valerie's but I'd rather do it myself so I can do it again if needs be.

Yep. Think this is what our local one will do!
Ben J

10th Apr 13 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
OMG Ben

Like I said, I must be fortunate to know a decent place then, but if I asked for the seats shampoo'd I'd be a little shocked if they covered them with silicon

Where do you take yours Brett?
Brett
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Place in Tintwhistle if that means anything to you. Really sound owner, little cafe there, I go every Saturday morning after dropping the mrs off at the shops They do a full service for £40, which as they put it 'restores it to factory finish'. Maybe not that good, but that includes the works, engine bay, inside properly cleaned and shapoo'd, hand polished outside, etc. However if you have a word and don't want X bit doing you can negotiate price, like just pay a tenner for a full clean inside for example.
pow
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 11:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

40 quid every Saturday morning?!?!?
Brett
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 11:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No course not. I just get a wash for a fiver generally, but will let them hand polish/wax it every couple of months along with interior doing. It's just somewhere for me to go, have a smoke, look at cars and eat a bacon butty at 8.30am on a Saturday
flybikeslee

10th Apr 13 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stain the rest of the seat so it matches
Robin
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 11:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I considered that Lee
Jambo

10th Apr 13 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just bought a steam cleaner for £15. Id hazard a guess that would work. Spray some fabric shampoo on to soak then steam
flybikeslee

10th Apr 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rub peanut butter into them works too
Robin
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link jambo? I might get one anyway.
Brett
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quest-Handheld-Steam-Cleaner-1050/dp/B002ASWLFM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
Robin
Premium Member

10th Apr 13 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ta

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Water marks on seats 23 database queries in 0.0151811 seconds