corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike Day - Lydden Hill videos

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day - Lydden Hill videos
Daimo B

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 13 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking day, started in Fast group until after lunch, when I moved back to a private group.

Last session in the advanced group, gets a bit boring in the middle after a load of overtakes at the start, but just before 10 mins I get a Ducati Panigale pass me up the hill, so give chase and keep up, but then we get held up by some more bikes. After this I went back to a private group so I could ride with my Dad.

Last session in Fast group

So, back to South East Bikers, setup the camera and chase my Dad. He's an ex racer, but he's 52 now, had a broken neck, more metalwork in his legs than I can write about, few less discs in his back, bad shoulder etc etc. He's got more power, and running on slicks (my next step, I run on super soft road tyres but they are only lasting me a day now ), but he's really up'd his riding, mainly cos I kept passing him last year

1st Session in SEB group, chasing Dad

And this is my favourite video, had SOOOO much fun, made it the best trackday of the year chasing the old man down.

2nd session in SEB, Dad rear facing me

I've got more I'm uploading, but appreciate not everyone is into bikes here. So the rest can be viewed at...

My Youtube Site

Epic fun, gonna bike the bike sprayed again, trying to source a stearing damper, and some slicks. Will do a few more throughout the year yet.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Apr 13 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did your dad go?
Daimo B

23rd Apr 13 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure, maybe. Do you wish you could ride Stephen?
NathanR

23rd Apr 13 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks like awesome fun!! It's good that you and your old man share the same interest and get on well enough too have abit of friendly competition between yourselves out on track!! Me and my old man haven't ever shared the same interests and he definitely isn't interested in my car!

How come both yours and your old mans bikes are so much faster than everyone else's out on the track?? Or is it just more experience etc??

[Edited on 23-04-2013 by NathanR]
Daimo B

24th Apr 13 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lydden is a tight circuit and suits smaller bikes. The chap I've posted on the first vid on the Ducati Panigale near the end, he's really fast, but only pulls on the uphill and straights so will always be slightly quicker. I can run 47's at Lydden and constent 48's, which is pretty quick, but unlike my old mans bike, my engine is standard (carbs need a serious clean too as i've got major flat spots), and I'm also running very sticky road tyres, but I'm at the limit of what they can offer so need to move to slicks going forward (complications of choosing between slicks/road tyres). Hopefully will get a bit quicker yet.

We're pretty fast, especially at Lydden, but I loose out on faster tracks as my bikes slow in a straight line. I can make up time on the brakes, but loose out on corner exit and speed as the poor old girl only has about 95bhp (Dads is running about 110bhp).

I look slower at other tracks, but given that my trackbike is 13 years old now, it holds its own well. Rider has something to do with it too though Ideally I want a quicker bike, but I just can't warrant spending £5k on a trackbike at the moment. It'll come, just not yet. There are some slower riders, but the fast group is a better gauge of the quicker riders and its a bit closer in terms of speed (muhaaaa still get round loads though hahaha (head grows )).

Off to Portimao in Portugal in September too, can't fricking wait, but its got a long straight :S Got to sort out those carbs before then

It really was a fantastic day though, especially as we can ride so close together, its good to do stuff with the old timer Quite lucky really.
Daimo B

24th Apr 13 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To give you an idea HOW slow it is...

2 min 16 odd, I overtake a modern Honda CBR1000cc bike. 10 seconds or so later on the main straight, he comes flying past me, then cuts in front and wacks on the brakes... I don't care about straights, I like braking and cornering, so just go back past, the proceed to overtake the 1000cc Aprillia not long after

8 min 30, I overtake 2 bikes, one is a modern 600cc Yamaha R6.. At the end of the the straight, he comes back past. Mines also a 600cc, just a previous older generation. I'm still doing about 145+, he's doing about 160mph, but brakes wheeey to early.

Lots of folk turn up with £20k Superbikes, but not many people can really ride them. Im quick, but put me against even a British Superbike racer, and I would have my ass well and truely handed to me on a plate. Top racers (World Superbike/Moto GP) are literally in another world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDTp97GEo5c

[Edited on 24-04-2013 by Daimo B]
Paul_J

25th Apr 13 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 of the 6 of the posts in this thread are Daimo talking to himself.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 11:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daimo B

25th Apr 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And 3 of the posts have nothing to do with the actual post. Irony fail. I was actually replying to NathanR, but thanks for your input.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike Day - Lydden Hill videos 22 database queries in 0.0110779 seconds